1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. MettaWorldPete

Pretty interesting that Rockets were supposedly having a fire sale and so far, just PJ. Really curious to see if there’s a bunch of trades tomorrow or not.

Rudyc281, Corrosion, jim1961 and 5 others like this.
  2. lionaire

lionaire Member

Too early to worry about fit of potential acquisitions with our current players. Right now we focus on obtaining as much young talent as possible.

3. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

4. mightybosstone

Except that article is from January. He's averaging nearly 18 a night on a career best 39.6% from the 3-point line.

Just playing devil's advocate, but he's two years younger than Gordon and a better player by most statistical barometers.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's still a bad fit.

Will not help Wood on the boards, cannot defend on the perimeter and is a pushover in the post.

He is a 7 footer that doesn't excel protecting the rim.

Not advocating not to trade for him, just pointing out the bad system fit.

7. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Anyone asked to stand outside the three point line will have a hard time grabbing a board. I still think that would make for a fun frontcourt on offense. But the defensive woes, oh yeah that is a concern. Would be nice to have two players with his and Wood length.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

That length is less than useful if he cant use it to dominate boards, block shots or be a Wall innthe post.

Ryno was a better rebounder and 3ball shooter but just as limited switching.

Imagine being even worse in rebounding AND defending the perimeter after Dipo trade.

That's real.

#2468 D-rock, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
    Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The first domino has fallen. Perfect excuse to stay awake til 4am and be worthless tomorrow at work.

10. raining threes

He can shoot the ball and that's something the Rockets are lacking.

Like I said before

Do not want

D-rock likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s an all-nighter for me Bra... I can’t help it.

Time to boot up the Nintendo Switch and get cozy. Where is the tequilla?

12. mightybosstone

Yeah, but are we really at a point where we can worry about fit right now? The team just lost 20 straight and they're paying John Wall another $90 million. They're not winning anything anytime soon.

I'll worry about fit when they have multiple future potential stars on the team and can prove they can play consistent, competitive basketball again. Right now they just need to accumulate as much young talent as possible.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ego definitely had value...then he got hurt.

I mean so it's just Oladipo that has to go now. Ego might have more value around draft day...it would be a miracle if we can get from under Wall's contract.

jcmoon, RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  14. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I remember a few years ago the Ryan Anderson trade was broken at like 2AM and it completely validated me being on Clutchfans in the middle of the night. Not that it was a good trade, just that it went down so late.

jcmoon, RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just imagine how much worse team will be with worse rebounding AND worse perimeter defense vs. the 3ball.

We lost tonight by 25 because of those two deficiencies.

We cannot be shortsighted about our asset accumulation.

Bringing Markannen to our system will DECREASE his value because he is a poor switch defender AND is not at his best in a 5 out offense.

BHannes2BHonest, jcmoon and rkh-dog like this.
  16. mightybosstone

They could try staggering him with Wood similar to how Houston's staggered its elite playmakers in the past so he gets more minutes at the 5.

I dunno. I hear what you're saying, but I think Markkanen would be a pretty solid acquistion regardless of fit, especially considering how much Dipo's value has taken a hit. Hell, we don't even know if Wood and Silas will be here in 2-3 years.

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  17. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

We are losing because we can’t play D and we can’t score. Lauri, for all his faults, gets buckets and is a very effective floor spacer.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Outlier

Outlier Member

So who here cant sleep and keeps checking their phone?

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Though I’ve likely had harsh disagreements with you all at some point or another, respect for being Houston Rocket addicts, refreshing every 45 seconds for the next juicy nugget after 20 straight losses. These times will make it all the sweeter when we finally win that 3rd ring. Raising a Guinness to y'all and crossing my fingers that Rafael is a bald magician!

dcfma, PiPdAdY33, D-rock and 12 others like this.
  20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Get some rest fellas. Looks like this one’s coming down tomorrow at the buzzer.