1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Stone: "Boss, we can either suffer another year of semi-tanking and be a solid contender by 2024, or we can try to make the playoffs next year and possibly miss out on being great for another decade."

Tilman: "Playoffs next year, then. Tilman Fertitta is NOT a loser!"

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

His agent reminded him about the state taxes and the strip clubs.

D-rock, RudyTBag and lionaire like this.
  3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

O.K. maybe not a #1 guy but a #2 option. Look at his FG% and shooting 3's % it is very high for a power forward much better than Siakim in Toronto. However, thinking about it Woods is better than Collins...both play poor defense as well.

BamBam likes this.
  4. Outlier

Outlier Member

I've had it. It's all smoke. Nothing's happening today or tomorrow. ESPN is just doing this for the ratings. All teams will stand pat.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A mid 1st, Knicks aren't interested in making strong offer per Woj. Mid 1st implies it's a pick with a current draft position in the upcoming draft.

Okay, so let's look at mid 1st in this upcoming draft. Teams holding picks 15-23, excluding the Knicks.

Celtics, Hornets, Hawks, Nuggets, Spurs, Thunder

Celtics, Hawks, Nuggets seem like the likely refference.

D-rock likes this.
  6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Meaning he wants to stay in Orlando?

saleem likes this.
  7. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So I want to preface this first. I have been wrong about guys too many times to act like my opinion is fact (and that's true for everybody here if we're honest with ourselves). And it's entirely possible that Christian Wood, Pascal Siakam, John Collins or Aaron Gordon have a much higher ceiling than I am giving them credit for. HOWEVER, I think Wood, Siakam, Collins and Aaron Gordon are all, best case scenario, third best players on a championship team. And, to take it a step further, I don't think any of them, other than Siakam, are good enough to be the third best player on a championship team just yet.

I also can't really imagine a scenario in which having all three of our best players are in the frontcourt would be successful. Hell, the Clippers have Kawhi and PG and they are still a disappointment.

I suppose if we were then able to draft a Cunningham or Green and they ended up being that rare Lebron/Luka type that has immediate impact or if Kevin Porter Jr broke out and played at a superstar level (I don't anticipate that though I am very optimistic about his potential if the kid can keep his head straight) then having too many damned front court fringe all-stars could be fine. But really I think if we're going to look at guys like Siakam, Collins or Aaron Gordon we have to pick the one we like the best (or is most attainable at a price we can stomach) and move forward with that and only that. Literally all of those guys, and Christian Wood for that matter, should be playing power forward in an ideal situation in my humble opinion.

sydmill likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Meaning if it's between Houston and Orlando, AG is picking Mickey over Mike Jones.

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Every year most trades don’t get done till the day of the deadline nothing new this year

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sad, but true.

topfive likes this.
  11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Oladipo to NYK was always the main deal known around the league since the Harden trade. Don't be surprised if eventually both he and Wall end up there.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  12. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Nice point. I think if we get Siakim or Gordon by tomorrow, then we get Cunningham or Green in the draft, then if we give Chicago a boatload of draft picks and players we could get Lavine from Chicago in the offseason. Lavine would be our #1 option, Cunningham #2 option and than Wood being our #3 option.

13. saleem

Smart, very smart.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Portland deal is pretty tempting. 2022 1st + Collins/Trent.

Would they give us Gary Trent?

ReturnOfTheMac, joshuaao and lionaire like this.
  15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Who?

ReturnOfTheMac and sydmill like this.
  16. xaos

xaos Member

Multiple Sauces: Less than 24 hours left

D-rock and J.R. like this.
  17. saleem

Siakim or Gordon will greatly decrease our chances of acquiring Cade or Green. They're good second tier players, but we need to tank.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm sure Orlando wouldn't give a **** if we're offering multiple 1st for that scrub.

19. sydmill

sydmill Member

The One And Only You Can't Clone Me

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member