1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor Mill/Trade Talks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am not very interested in Siakam. He is 26 years old and if he isn't motivated enough to continue performing in Toronto imagine how he'll perform on this terrible roster when we go for 20 straight losses. If he's properly motivated, however, he can clearly be the third best guy on a championship team. He's already done that. The problem is, we don't have a #1 and #2. If we still had Harden I'd be a lot more intrigued about adding Siakam to Harden and Wood.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

1.) Pelicans trade Zion straight up for Dipo and $1k credit at Landry’s!

2.) Bulls trade Lavine straight up for Wall and 2 free nights at the Golden Nugget Las Vegas!

Book it! There, I said it again... ;)

(P.S.) Forgot to mention we get an unprotected 1st in each trade....

#KeepTankAlive
    Go Rockets!!!

Corrosion, peleincubus and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That’s what I was telling my wife last night. The Rockets aren’t going for a “Trust the Process,” they want a “F*** the Process”. If they can put Humpty Dumpty back together quickly, they will, and it’s do-able. Not a sure thing—-or rather, a slam dunk—-but it’s do-able.

sydmill likes this.
  4. thekad

thekad Member

Siakim to Houston. EG to Denver. Harris and picks to Toronto.

Will probably just waste Siakim’s prime years if the Rockets don’t get Cade/Suggs, but this is a trade that sorta works for all three teams.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Don't see it happening although siakim and woods together would make for a very fun game.

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. thekad

thekad Member

If the Rockets don’t get (and keep) one of the top 4 guys in this upcoming draft, there is no avenue to rebuilding a contender without tanking again next year - which this organization is too short-sighted to do. Bad contracts, no young stars and no high draft assets.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Here are some things to note for today and tomorrow.

1. Like I pointed out earlier. Stone seems to get his deals done later in the day.

2. Stone has obvious ties to several organizations. Monte McNair in Sacramento. Gerson Rosas in Minnesota. Arturas Karnisovas in Chicago. Daryl Morey in Philadelphia. That does not mean that the Rockets will deal with these teams but Stone knows these guys and they know him. If he needs to expand a deal, or in inverse, they will often hit their closest guys up first for a solid.

3. Stone has not been allowed to deal with Philly yet. Is there a boycott?

4. Stone has made many deals so far, often this comfort level can be similar to #2. He has dealt with Cleveland, Portland, Indiana, Washington, Brooklyn, and Milwaukee. I may be missing someone but familiarity often matters. In 2010 the Rockets were close to a deal for Amare Stoudemire. The talks fell apart at the end. In 2011, The Rockets dealt rising star Aaron Brooks to Phoenix for Goran Dragic and a FRP. That was an all time Morey move that took a ton of guts.

5. Stone had a ton of communication with Miami during the Harden saga and the PJ saga. Clearly they couldn't come to a deal but they know how they value their players and Stone clearly is willing to call their bluff. Watch what happens with Lowry.

6. Lowry is the big elephant in the room. If he goes to Philly. Miami will get desperate. If he goes to Miami. The rest of the league will get more aggressive. The whole reason no one wants Oladipo is because they think he only wants Miami. That rumor was front and center the second he arrived in Houston. I guess it was pretty known but I had no idea how much VO wanted to be on Biscayne Bay. If Miami gets Lowry, their cap is gone and Oladipo cannot go to Miami as a free agent. Wherever Lowry goes, he wants a 2 year extension next year. This is his free agency.

7. Leaks will happen that mean nothing. Don't get worked up over every tiny piece of information. Just enjoy the ride and nothing matters until the trade happens.

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You forgot:

8. Positive vibes fam.

9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

That is true we need a #1, but if we take Collins from Atlanta than he could be our #1, Woods could be our #2 and Wall/KP our #3 option. Do not want Gordon because he is only a #3 option and always hurt

10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Wood is better than Collins in virtually every metric. Wood averages more points, more rebounds, has a higher TS%, higher 3pt%, and a much higher defensive rating on RATPOR.

joshuaao, RudyTBag and Roxfan4lyfe like this.
  11. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I wish the Rockets could some how get Lavine but I know the odds are very low on that

Aruba77 and BamBam like this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

13. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Yea I think the Rockets need to get a legit back up for him

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

So dumb

sirjesse likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

It’s not at all dumb if he’ll agree to an extension. Powell is legit.

joshuaao and sirjesse like this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Collins is our #1, we will be in the lottery for years to come

I guess anyone is a #1 option these days

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Yea for sure. He’s a good player but he’s an expiring and not sure he will. If you can trade for him knowing he will extend, you do it all day

Houston77 likes this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this guy is a stud, but at 28 yrs old and seeking big money I’m not sure how he fits in with our rebuilding strategy. Still I really like his game. Explosive and shoots the 3 at a high level.

raining threes likes this.