1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Luther Head and #8 pick for #6 pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jun 22, 2006.

Tags:
  1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1363

Rockets would like to get Roy real bad if he is there at #6. He is coming to workout on Saturday. I don't know about giving up on Luther Head for 2 spots. He is still young and could be a very good bench player but Roy is a perfect fit.

2. YugoRocketsFan

I don't see how the Rockets can do that, and we don't need Roy, I will take Rodney Carney anyday of the week, at the 8th pick, also why the hell do we give a young talent and our 8th pick for a 6th pick. Thats giving 2 rookies for 1 which isn't much more. If we gave someone like Ryan Bowen and the 8th pick for a 6th pick, I understand, but Luther Head is a huge part of our team. He averaged 9 ppg in his first season, and we nabbed him at 24th.

The Rockets WILL choose Rodney Carney, him and Tracy McGrady already work together and are great friends.

3. Outlier

Outlier Member

You're crazy if you want freaking Carney.

I would do this trade any day of the week.

4. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

that sucks...we wouldve most likely gotten the 6th pick if we hadn't beaten denver and now we have to give up our rookie with potential to get it.

5. YugoRocketsFan

Whats bad about Carney?

6. WallofYao

WallofYao Member

I wouldn't do this trade. You're giving up Luther who is a great rotational player, just to move up two spots. Roy is great, but we could get Brewer at 8, who I really like and has that great perimeter defense.

7. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Yup, that is exactly what I've been talking about.

Luther Head has no clear cut role on this team. A fine player, but not the right one for this team. IMO I thought we could swing a deal for #5 when Atlanta was so interested in Shelden Williams who would be around at #8 for the same package. Luther should definitely be packaged with the 8 if we have a chance at Roy.

8. Outlier

Outlier Member

Stupid, stupid, stupid, looks like a rat, and oh yeah, stupid. Tired of players that potentially "won't get it". Mental toughness is not there like JVG said. I want a TOUGH player. No more sissy fits.

9. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

*** dat...im in the keep luther fan club

10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Yes, I would do deal right away. If were picking up James anyways, then we don't really need Head. Roy can be a starter an a impact player right away.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Ironic ... I was just playing around with someone I spoke to tonight, setting him up for a joke. I said, "What do you think the Rockets would have to lose to get to #6 - Luther Head and the 8?"

He's like, "That may be too much - but yeah, probably."

I said, "No... losing a meaningless game in Denver should get you to #6."

Yeah, it belongs on a Laffy Taffy wrapper, but he thought it was funny. If we actually did give up Luther Head to move up two spots, it becomes a lot less funny.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

This bears repeating - my thoughts exactly. Roy stands for Rookie Of the Year.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn right. More like a tragedy. Be nice to get Roy, though.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'd definitely pull the trigger. Tweener guards like Luther Head are a dime a dozen, whereas Brandon Roy could be a legit scoring threat. We could just pick up Mike Gansey or Daniel Gibson with our second rounder to replace Luther.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

mccants is getting microfracture surgery done on a knee. rockets need to get more out of the situation if the trade is up. t-wovles tank job was disgraceful, they shouldn't really be higher than the rocks in the first place.

16. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

That's hella lame.

We'd be giving up depth of 1 for another. And so far luther has panned out nicely.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If Luther could improve his handles he could be a good PG....he has the quickness, the passing ability and the strength and is a good size for a PG...he just needs to be able to dribble better and drive into the lane and dish.

DD

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I like Luther. He is a nice player who I wish could become a combo guard in the mold of a Antonio Daniels. The problem is he is not good at running the point at all so it just makes him a small SG. Trading with the T'Wolves makes some sense. They could move back a couple of spots and get a big man in Simmons or Sene. I think Luther fits well if they keep Jaric around because, even though Jaric would run the point with Head at the 2, they could swap guys on defense.

19. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

what do you expect them to do. They were out of the playoffs. If we were them we would be doing the same thing. I don't know if i would do that deal. We are only moving 2 spots to avoid boston and why would Twolves trade for luther when they can just draft a better player then #8 and luther. Only way i trade luther is if MJ is coming in Rockets.

20. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Sorry man that made me laugh.

Mental imagine = funny.