1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Jeff Green to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HRox832, Dec 6, 2014.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Is there a more 'natural' trade than Gogi/Ryan Anderson? Then e-waying with Pels makes sense IMBO.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Yep, it's UK based. You know, 'two great countries separated by a common language',

3. baubo

baubo Member

I would like Green as depth to play a Parsons role as secondary scorer and playmaker. But I'm not sure I want to pay the cost. Definitely no NO pick. I'd go with Capella and Terry for Green. Maybe add a 2nd round pick or two. But that's it.

But if the only suitors besides us are Detroit and Charlotte, then the competition isn't going to be fierce. I doubt either of those team would overpay for Green given that he can easily leave in the offseason.

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, if I'm not mistaken,he has a player option for another 9.2 mil/2015-16...

Pass, unless Rondo's coming with him....even then...I don't know.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

those rumors rarely come true

6. baubo

baubo Member

He's not exercising that option. Someone will give him a multi-year deal at roughly that same money. I mean, Avery Bradly got $8mil/yr. Green is getting AT LEAST $9mil/yr for multiple years this offseason.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Have you checked jopat/bbholic's signature first to verify that he is a legitimate trade target?

2 people like this.
  8. basketballholic

The Pels pick is worth way more than Jeff Green. If Boston simply wants to salary dump him at the deadline and we haven't been able to get anything else done then perhaps something like Terry and Jones for him straight up with no picks involved would be about the best we should do.

9. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I knew this article was legit when they mentioned the Lakers and a championship this year in the same sentence...

10. bmd

bmd Member

lmao!

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I wouldn't trade Pap for this guy. Green can't create and he's not even as a completely player as Pap or Ariza.

13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

not entire sure if phoenix does this they really like PJ Tucker in the starting lineup and Markieff Morris has actually rounded into a good player so Green would be a marginal upgrade for them.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Jeff Green > than this rumor source.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not a big Jeff Green fan. I would much rather have Lance Stephenson as our biggest need, IMO, is someone that can handle the rock and get his teammates involved besides James. Stephenson's strengths are taking the ball and scoring in the paint, plus he is a stud defensive player. I would not trade Ariza for him but as much as I like KPap, I would absolutely be willing to send him (plus filler) and a couple of 2nd rounders for him.

Lance could fill in at both SG and SF or if the Rockets decided to go small ball, imagine Pat, James, Lance, Ariza and Dwight on the floor together. That would be one hell of a good defensive unit and a pretty damn good offensive unit as well.

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

No!!!!!

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

The Hornets are stupid.

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I actually would like that, here he would not have to worry about scoring too much, but he plays too out of control and Morey would never take him.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hahahaha Christians do lie and are also capable of passing on false information, but thx for passing on the info.

20. studogg

studogg Contributing Member