1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor CP3 may choose Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ballplayer, May 23, 2017.

1. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Exactly, because nothing says money grab like asking for a trade to a team with no money left over.

roslolian likes this.
  2. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

its in the script that chris paul must join the spurs. tony parkers injury was fake, just like teddy bridgewaters in the nfl. chris paul has a life lesset number of 21 same number 21 which is tim duncan's old number for the spurs, tim duncan and chris paul also attente wake forest which was a gematria of 12. flip 12 backwrds you get 21

study the numbers and and you will see that the nba is scripted from player signing, to thrown games, to how espn markets certain young players

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  3. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Chris Paul doesnt wanna leave L.A. just like durant didnt wanna leave OKC, but its not his choice

4. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Does Chris Paul's style of play also fit with the Spurs? Is Chris Paul just as effective without handling the ball all the time?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a fit there.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not as good a fit as 200 million in your pocket

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adrian Wojnarowski is not expecting Chris Paul to sign with the Spurs as an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

"[San Antonio] would have to just tear up that entire payroll," said Woj. "It's almost unlike anything the Spurs would've done or would do to even have a chance at him. I mean, they'd have to really gut the roster. And to do that for a 30-plus-year-old point guard, who has a couple great years left, there's no question -- I think there's more pressure on the Clippers to have to re-sign him than for the Spurs to turn their whole franchise over to make a run at him."

Chris Paul to the Spurs realistic?

Not that I see. I don't know where that came from. I spent a lot of time around the Spurs this spring. They'd have to tear up that entire payroll. It'd be almost unlike anything they've done or would do. Just to have a chance at him, they'd have to gut the roster & to do that for a 30+ year old PG who has a couple of great years left...there's more pressure on the Clippers to re-sign him than for the Spurs to turn their whole franchise over to make a run at him. Chris Paul financially, the difference staying in LA & getting paid, I have a hard time imagining him leave there. There's so much money to be made & in that LA market with marketing endorsements, they're a pretty overwhelming favorite to sign him.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL, sure you do Woj, it came from the guy you are replacing, Dallas Stein.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, it came from his (soon-to-be) cohorts at ESPN, Zach Lowe & Marc Stein.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Stein was laid off. But they seem to keep using him so I wonder if they hired him back on the DL for lesser salary. Have you heard anything?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Actually, Durant DID want to leave OKC because he was fed up with WB. Writing was on the wall the last 2 years.

Allegedly, his final rank was: (1) Warriors, (2) Celts, (3) Clippers. He was NOT staying in OKC.

#112 A_3PO, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  13. likestohypeguy

Durant should have gone to the spurs. i could see his style meshing better with their system than cp3.

If he does it though, I can't see pop failing with it... what's the deal with LMA tho, i don't know what I'm looking at here. one moment he's the second coming of nm, the next he looks more like nm. He'll probably stay in LA cp3.

14. likestohypeguy

Never mind, I'm must kidding, I have no idea what is going on, what could happen etc.

Just kidding, BOOK IT! Remember when ppl said book it?

15. likestohypeguy

CP3 could play 14 more years if he took over Ginoboleeeeee!'s spot off the bench, and win a few chips tho

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Of course...of course....

Warriors are the Warriors of course so it's meaningless, but the Spurs are set up to once again dominate the next 5 years outside of them.

18. basketballholic

And there's another team going to be after him too.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...eration-san-antonio-spurs-free-agency-sources

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

I highly doubt he leaves the Clippers. He can get his super max contract and demand a trade around year 3 of the contract and then ring chase while still being only 35 years old and still good enough to be a main piece or FMVP candidate...Stockton was 34, and 35 his 2 Finals appearances and still elite.. although he was extremely durable unlike CP3 so who knows if CP3 sees the door closing in on him b/c of durability issues.

Hope he goes EAST.

Is there any team that can realistically form a super team in the EAST? Could Pat Riley pull anything off again?