1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Cleveland has deal in place for Love (Wiggins potentially involved)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Painting_Shade, Jul 9, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

No, he's an unknown.

2. izeroi

izeroi Member

Good. After reading those reports last week about possibly not having to trade Wiggins in that 3-way to get Love I was pretty fired up.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

A trade for Love is more difficult than it seems. Wiggins counts as $0 in a trade right now....meaning Cleveland must include at least 2 of Bennett, Thompson and Waiters in order to make the trade work (assuming Varejao is not available). Wiggins/Thompson/Bennett seems high to me.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Honest question, why does he count as $0? Is it because he hasn't signed yet? If so, why not just sign him first?

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

I like Cleveland's chances less if they get Love. Wiggins' potential at defense is crucial to winning rings.

6. cebu

cebu Member

Irving
    James
    Love

That is the best trio in NBA.

7. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/MattTheStat1213">@MattTheStat1213</a> Right now, yes. Wiggins believed to be in play isn't going away. Flip can play sides. He has time.</p>&mdash; Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/489860803240026112">July 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

#147 redhotrox, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bennett might have been a second round pick in this draft.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Incredibly unlikely that they'd land Wiggins AND another young talent.

I'm thinking either Waiters+Bennett or Waiters+filler or Wiggins+filler

Bennett+filler, would be losing trade

10. basketballholic

Here's the problem guys. Wiggins is unsigned. LOL If they don't handle him right...he could decide NOT to sign. Look at the situation. Do you think Wiggins wants to go to Minnesota? This COULD, I said COULD, turn into another Steve Francis story.

However if Wiggins signs, then his salary plus Bennett's salary alone is enough salary for Love after they wait 30 days after the signing when he can be traded.

But if they trade Wiggins as an unsigned draft pick, it will require at least Bennett, Thompson, and Haywood.

The best thing for the Cavs and Wolves if they decide to trade Wiggins for Love is for Wiggins to have signed his deal. This means he's ready to play. But as long as he remains unsigned....it's a potential mess. Notice I said "potential mess" here.

Perhaps Wiggins agrees to sign and he's fine with going to Minnesota and no problem ever materializes. But believe you me, both teams' front offices are treating this one with kid gloves.

11. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So dramatic, I love it. Cavs be like:

We

are

not

trading

Wiggins!

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I agree, it would be a mistake, particularly if they give up more than Wiggins. That team has defensive issues, and needs Wiggin's D.

If only Bennett had shown any potential last season.

13. Remii

Remii Member

I agree, Wiggins and a can of Pringles should do it. I'd keep Wiggins... But LeBron probably wants a "real" stretch 4 and not one that will go 0-5 from 3pt range on more than one occasion in the playoffs like the one he had in Miami.

Funny how a few days ago the Cleveland head coach said Wiggins would not be traded and now it's being reported he's on the table. The coach probably doesn't know who runs the team.

14. Remii

Remii Member

And according to TJ, Love plays no defense. At all.

15. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If they sign him, they have to wait 30 days to be able to trade him.

16. Asian Sensation

Put James on any team with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 teams and they have the best trio.

17. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Wiggins has no leverage, what's he going to do? Play in Europe? The heat on him would be nuts. Especially if Parker is going to ball in Milwaukee?? He has no excuses.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Love plays the same amount of defense that Barkley did. Can you imagine LeBron James next to Charles Barkley? Get over the defense thing. It wont matter.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. Wiggins is the #1 pick and Minnesota gives him the exact same situation that any normal #1 pick would be happy to get into in any normal draft.

In Cleveland he has the potential to NEVER shoot the ball if its not a breakaway dunk. In Minnesota, he's going to be the franchise star from day 1. He also has a supporting cast there that is pretty damn good for a #1 pick that from day 1 will support him as their young stud who gets the ball when & where the coach tells him.

The fact that Wiggins wouldn't sign and would head to Europe instead of being the franchise centerpiece for Minnesota or any other rebuilding team is complete BS. That's what #1 picks are supposed to do.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member

If Cavs are losing Wiggins, perhaps they'd be amenable to this trade: Harden and Bev for Irving and Bennett. Flame suit still on (been wearing it ever since I proclaimed I'd rather have Kahwi Leonard than James Harden on my team). Bennett looks much healthier this SL; Irving needs a change of scenery; we could use a motion offense, with Daniels and Dawkins (and Ray Allen?) coming off screens, and Ariza over there in the corner...