1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Cleveland has deal in place for Love (Wiggins potentially involved)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Painting_Shade, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Has anybody actually thought this through?

For this to happen we would have to have picked up the option on Parsons, meaning he'd be an unrestricted free agent next off season. You then have to believe that either Parsons would commit to resigning with the Wolves or that they would be willing to take him on without a guarantee that he'd resign. Does that really sound plausible to anybody with an ounce of sense?

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

minnesota playing dirty media tricks to try to get the warriors to panic and include thompson?

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Trading Wiggins would be stupid and way too much value, no other team can offer anything close to him and fillers. They should either try Bennett+Waiters+fillers or stop pursuing Love, don't put too much on the table when there's no other killer deal available for Minny.

4. ish1973

ish1973 Member

What? You loves love so much! Overrated.

5. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

I don't think this is a good trade for the Cavs, Cavs now has about 5 years of championship windows if they keep and develop Wiggins it will prolong that. If they trade for KLove they are short sighted.

6. basketballholic

7. basketballholic

This is getting dangerously close to tampering. Lebron isn't allowed to communicate with Love and entice him to come to Cleveland. And now if Love refuses to make a commitment to any other team long-term besides Cleveland, then Minnesota could be forced to trade him to Cleveland for less than full value if other teams withdraw better offers for Love than Bennett and Thompson or whatever.

The ideal scenario for Cleveland and James is to acquire Love without giving up Wiggins.

So if this (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...love-he-wants-him-in-cleveland-004328084.html) is true, and it probably is since it is coming from Woj,

then if I were Minnesota and GS and HOU and every other team interested in Kevin Love, I'd be pitching a fit about tampering here.

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

It's impossible to prevent players from talking to each other, and the NBA doesn't even try. You think Lebron, Bosh, and Wade didn't talk prior to becoming free agents about a possible destination? This stuff happens all the time.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man, you and your ongoing tampering crusade.

Two things:
    1. Love can't go anywhere no matter who talks to him unless, and until, his team trades him. There is nothing Love or Lebraon can do to change that.
    2. The NBA does nothing until a team lodges a complaint. I don't see Minnesota complaining. If they get Wiggins, they win, imo.

There is nothing to see here. Minnesota is in active trade talks with Cleveland on this very subject. There is no tampering going on. Minnesota is embracing the subject.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Report: Timberwolves prefer Klay Thompson to Andrew Wiggins in Kevin Love trade <a href="http://t.co/tSEPbBVLWv">http://t.co/tSEPbBVLWv</a></p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/statuses/490172883650367488">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andrew Wiggins has not been offered for Kevin Love. Klay Thompson has not been offered for Kevin Love. This is where things stand.</p>&mdash; Jon Krawczynski (@APkrawczynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/APkrawczynski/statuses/490167807967899648">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Will Cavs trade Andrew Wiggins? He told me on Showtime: &quot;They love my game...my personality and what I bring to the team. So I doubt that.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jim Rome (@jimrome) <a href="https://twitter.com/jimrome/statuses/489990501018664960">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Kevin Love scenario is obviously fluid. But the Warriors' general offer has remained constant--no Klay Thompson. <a href="http://t.co/9PeHmqMjJe">http://t.co/9PeHmqMjJe</a></p>&mdash; Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) <a href="https://twitter.com/timkawakami/statuses/490166563681484800">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>More detail on the Warriors’ labored decision to keep Klay Thompson out of the Kevin Love trade discussions: I... <a href="http://t.co/CYCDDEK85D">http://t.co/CYCDDEK85D</a></p>&mdash; Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) <a href="https://twitter.com/timkawakami/statuses/490171931719520257">July 18, 2014</a></blockquote>

11. what

what Member

Cavaliers Offering Wiggins, Bennett For Love

Chris Broussard has the latest surrounding the Cavaliers' attempt to trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love. But the Timberwolves want more, so the Cavaliers have introduced Anthony Bennett and a 2015 first-round pick into the deal.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

ESPN says that the Cavs and Wolves have discussed a trade involving the last 2 #1 overall picks in NBA drafts, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins. Sounds nice, but these two #1 picks just lost to the Rockets summer league squad, led by Canaan, DMo and Nick Johnson-- a late 1st round pick and two second round picks.

If the Wolves want to actually compete next year (and reports indicate that they do) then it's no surprise that they may well prefer a Lee/Klay combo to a package built around unproven guys.

13. spysta

spysta Member

Cleveland dont overpay for a player that is leaving anyway. Makes no sense.

Well if your gonna trade wiggins at least keep him and bennett together.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They could theoretically not pick up the options for Anthony Bennett and Dion Waiters and get almost enough cap space to sign Kevin Love next summer.

PG: Irving
    SG: Wiggins
    SF: LeBron
    PF: Love
    C: Who the F Cares??

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The Warriors are complete dumbasses.

Love >>>> Thompson.

It's really not even close, I mean I'd take Parsons over Thompson, and Lee is an albatross. I just don't get it at all.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I want the Wolves to completely undress the Cavs

"Take it .. . .Take it all!" - The Count

Rocket River

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Dumbasses? I think you are failing to realize the after effects of the trade.

You replace Love with David Lee.

David Lee already nets you 20 and 10. You lose Lee and gain Love who will give you what? It would be hard to say as Kevin would be option number two on the team.

Love isn't helping on defense, and this trade creates a huge hole at the two for the Warriors.

They are smart.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I know the hot young 1 and done player is all the rage...

... but Kevin Love is 25 years old. You know... two years younger then MJ when he won his first title, 5 years younger than Hakeem, etc. Tim Duncan just won a title at 38 as one of the most important guys on his team. Kobe won a title at 31, etc.

Clearly Love isn't in their boat at the moment, and clearly if Wiggins turns into the next Lebron-like player (or heck, even Kevin Love like... just that one level below the Lebron's of the world), than keeping him would make some sense.

But it's not clear (1) if he will become that player, or (2) how long that will take. He does not appear to be quite on the level of a Lebron James, who DOMINATED by his second year in the league at age 20. He does not appear to be quite on that Kevin Durant level, who was clearly on his way to domination by his second year in the league. At least not if comparing college performance and observed play. So we're talking about, imo, at least until year 3 will the Wiggins impact will be that significant.. when Lebron will be 31/32... and have an out in his contract.

It's a tough one, but not getting Kevin Love because you don't offer Wiggins seems like missing an opportunity to compete for championships from day 1, and for multiple years... even if not for 5+ years.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

I honestly don't really believe any of this. Love is going to Cleveland. Wiggins and Bennett will go to Minnesota. It's fair and makes sense.

The rest is just noise. "Minnesota wants Thompson more than Wiggins".....can't believe some of these people have jobs.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So many bull**** twitter rumors. The Wolves aren't getting a blue chip rookie like Wiggins for Love. The Cavs are actually being smart for once and not just giving up Wiggins. The Wolves have no leverage. Minny you will get Bennett and fillers and picks and you will like it.

Love could really **** the Wolves if he just says he won't sign with any other team than Cleveland. I would actually kind of enjoy it if that happened lol.