1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Chris Paul doesn’t plan on taking paycut for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 3, 2018.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can’t discuss an opinion while actually responding to me directly ? Grow a pair and let’s talk about this. I’m not gonna bite

2. REEKO_HTOWN

Trading a top 5 player for the best player....

Hmmm, that can’t be logical..

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG]

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You pay CP3. There is nobody out there available that is going to help us beat Golden State besides Lebron and he isn't coming if Paul is not here. Harden is going to be 30 soon. The window is now and then it is going to be a rebuild. I'm not excited to pay Paul this much money, but we don't have assets to pursue good players or expect to rebuild through the draft like the sixers or celtics. You guys are crazy if y'all are willing to let him go.

If it's one thing that James Harden has shown us every year is that he can play a spectacular 82 game season, but come playoffs, it has been hit or miss, with him ******** the bed in huge games. I don't feel confident rolling without Paul, despite the injury concerns. If he wouldn't have gone out game 5, I'm sure we would still be watching Rocketball right now.

tycoonchip likes this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Of course you max cp3. If you can win 2 or 3 titles then the last couple years of his deal are irrelevant. Suck it up and deal with it.

6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Logged in just to say you are out of your god damn mind, sir.

DonKnock, bulkatron and peleincubus like this.
  7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You have to hope that Lebron's, Paul's, and Harden's combined anger about the Warriors will overcome money. They are already all worth a few billion combined by the end of their playing days.

People rarely bring up the fact that Harden has been knocked out of the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years by the Warriors. He wants to beat them so bad. That's why this has a great chance of happening.

dlite316, Lawlruschang and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Pay cp3 what he wants. This team just showed we are literally one more piece away from a championship. There isn't a team out there that can get as close as we got to beating the Warriors. We just need to add that last piece. Honestly i would say a good back up pg is all we really need to keep paul rested until big moments or Lebron.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I agree. 4 weeks ago I wouldn’t.

I think with this offense a Jordan low salary can do just enough.

Win now or tryyyyy to compete?

Go big or home.

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden is the MVP of the NBA.

Lawlruschang and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. threepointshot3

Everybody is calling you out for being a fool

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree.... i love me some capella but if he gets thrown the max from the Suns or Dallas and he takes it... well good luck to him. Have fun out there... those are not going to be the same lobs and looks he got here.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

When Chris Paul can't make it through a season and we're stuck with a $40 mil bill, we'll see how crazy I am. I don't like maxing out aging injury prone players. That's what bad organizations do.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. threepointshot3

You just said harden for role players now it’s for Lebron make up ur mind fool. Lebron knows he ain’t beating the warriors with a broken down Paul and a washed up Melo.

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. RESINator

RESINator Member

That's a lot of money. However why is it on the NBA player to take a pay cut. Fk that. The bigman/owner Tillman needs to take the luxury tax.

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

They're not just friends. Paul is Lebron Jr.'s godfather.

Lawlruschang, DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'd hate to pay either of these guys the max but I'd pick CP3 over Capela just because Capela is basically useless against the Warriors.

We need players who will give us productive minutes against the Warriors. Guys like Ryno and Capela needs to be on vet mins on this team if they want to stay.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

Use math. Its not hard. Lebron will command the super max. Paul is getting his max. That leaves Harden. Trading Harden will bring back a great return of not only role players but draft picks galore.

This is all a theory based on reality because thinking Paul AND Lebron will take pay cuts is PURE FANTASY

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

No team is offering cp3 max. He has no choice but to sign in houston for a LEGIT shot to win a ring. $15mil/yr is a fair deal.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

Against what could be the greatest team of all time