1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor: Chris Paul doesn’t plan on taking paycut for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Jun 3, 2018.

1. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I’m strangely in agreement with this camp. Nothing worse than being saddled with a baD long term contract on an aging and diminishing player. Consider how sour things can get if Paul does indeed regress faster than expected.

Just look at parsons on the Grizz after all his injuries!

2. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I’m sure they want him back, but at what cost? I can see maybe a 3 year contract. Any longer though is dangerous imho.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ya’ll do know CP3 has set up Harden to get traded this offseason to make room for Lebron James.

That’s always been the play. They’ll trade Ryno and a first for Melo and Harden will land the cheap role players needed for the banana boat to start in H-Town

That’s the ultimate “risk factor” move for Morey.

The window will last two years and then a full rebuild from the bottom. It will save Tilman money in in the long run and establish Rockets fandom in the city

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

That's essentially a pay cut.

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

We won’t because we won’t have the cap room to do that, regardless of what we do. It’s him or nothing.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

neither of them are better than cp3. thats terrible. both of those guys can only wish they could impact winning basketball the way cp3 does

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is ridiculous.

You manage his minutes and don't push him so hard in the playoffs

Either way the only way we win a chip is with two superstars. There is no other path.

jeevinesh likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

No they are not. Like not at all

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  9. MD_in_Training

We have a two or three year window here. It doesn't really matter what happens afterwards with CP3 at this point. Once we hit rebuild mode, the only thing that matters is draft picks - not what we're paying an aging star who no longer matters for the team. When you're tanking, does it really matter what you're paying CP3?

From where I'm sitting, you pay whatever you gotta pay to get 3 superstars, and hope for the best. If we fail, then we go into rebuild mode by trading Harden for picks. CP3 may be un-movable by then, but so be it.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao...sure man, sure

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bron comes to Houston to play w Harden and Paul. No way Harden is traded

bilaal14 and everyday eddie like this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if you were going to trade Harden, Screw Melo, trade him for Brow, it opens more cap room too and the Pelicans would be all over that.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Agreed with this. Chris Paul doesn’t need to be best buds with Tillman or Morey. All he needs is to make a business decision based on finances and winning, hopefully both if he has the chance for it.

The Rockets don’t need to bid against others here. We hold bird rights and can offer more than any other team can. That doesn’t mean we HAVE to offer him the full max. CP3 doesn’t have leverage here, in terms of finding an alternate that can a.) pay him more money, or b.) offer him a better winning situation.

This is all tough talk for now, but we’ve seen what happened to everyone else who tried to play hardball with Morey. Read the tea leaves: CP3 does not have the ability to just walk away.

dlite316 and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

How come?

Do you think Lebron see Harden as the player he needs in order to beat the Warriors?

If so explain why? What has Harden done to merit any respect from the Warriors? I’ll wait.
    By the way I don’t think Lebron could stand making less than Harden why carrying him on his back to a ring. Lebron’s brand won’t allow it

15. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

There is no way in HELL they would ever trade James harden..... smh

16. threepointshot3

Yeah rockets gonna trade top 5 player in his prime lol stop trolling fool.

dlite316, bilaal14, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Bron respects the hell out of Harden’s game. Don’t get it twisted. Real recognizes real.. the narrative is different if Paul doesn’t get hurt.

Ef a brand. Bron knows what it takes to beat this GS team. Bron gets a chance to win multiple championships here in Houston and that’s with Harden in the fold. Don’t be silly

mikol13, dlite316, bilaal14 and 5 others like this.
  18. threepointshot3

I can’t believe people are responding to this dumbass

bilaal14, Reeko and Stormy1234 like this.
  19. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

Don't see this happening

bilaal14 likes this.
  20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I understand the argument here, but that’s why I said it doesn’t have to be about less annually and avoided the “paycut” language as it would be misleading in the way you point out. His time would still be rewarded at the max rate.