1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor ==> Cavaliers=Chinese Billionaire+Yao+ James

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macming, May 21, 2009.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

i've read about this in a couple of places actually...who knows

3. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

Well, that guy already owns parts of that franchise right? He is also looking to acquire more shares if not, own the franchise if im not mistaken. That could only mean he has a vision, a plan. Now I'm not sure how much of that he can achieve but I wouldnt dismiss this as just any rumour.

Personally Im not sold on Cleveland. Im not familiar with the place or the people. Its not like NY, LA or Chicago. It doesnt have that pull. Im not even sure abt the size of the market there. Majority of the fans on this city loves him. If Yao were to leave Houston somehow, I wouldn't mind seeing him in NY with lebron. Now that would be something.

And Yes that would be pretty much a guaranteed championship. Lebron alone takes that team to finals in weaker east. Yao would be even more dominant since teams would have to think about 2 guys not just him. Now if only we could land lebron here by some miracle.

4. Serg300

Serg300 Member

Even if he does go to Cleveland, he'd still have to finish the season without getting hurt to get a title.

5. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

There was Lebron, Yao and a Chinese Billionaire who went into a club...

Wait, is this a joke? :eek:

6. Seth

Seth Member

The cavs wont be able to hold that great supporting cast and still sign YAO. They would have to be under the cap to offer yao a decent contract, at least 10 millions under the cap. Which wont happen.

7. ibm

ibm Member

the source lacks credibility. and i don't understand how the cavs would acquire yao automatically even if a chinese businessman buys the team?

there is no need to worry about this kinda stuff, really. rumor or no rumor, yao or no yao, les or no les, the rockets will survive.

8. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Sina.com has been selling the story for months already. They even have a dedicated article on Mr. Huang a month ago.

Chinese reporters tend to believe that whenever a Chinese investor gets a hold of a world class sport franchise, their primary goal would be bringing a relevant Chinese player into that franchise. They will neglect all the other facts that will hinder process but keep selling their pipe dreams to their readers.

I am not saying Yao to play with LBJ in Cavs is not going to happen but let's be realistic and hope Yao could play an entire season first.

9. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think Cavs are able to free $31.7mil in 2010 from their big men department hence that will be more than enough to acquire Yao + another one or two decent bigs from the market. Also Lebron + Yao will be attractive enough to both players considering they both want to win a ring as soon as possible.

That's pretty much where the reporters start their pipe dreams...

10. waelhakmeh

waelhakmeh Member

a friend of mine who is great friends with the 3 chinese billionaires pictured was telling me they're going to move the team to shanghai so yao will sign on with them :cool:

11. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

LOL!

:D

12. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

I fond this link.if you can not understand chinese I can translate the summary for you.http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2009-05-22/11574393208.shtml

13. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

I think this link is better: http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2009-05-22/11574393208.shtml

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If a chinese guy bought the cavs, would that make the cavs the most popular team in china even with yao playing on the rockets?

15. Battierwarrior

Battierwarrior New Member

It is up to yao, may be he don t like cleveland. he has been here for 7 years.

but if yao want to go ? can les stop him?

16. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

I will be astonished if lots of people here can read Chinese.
    Can you make a post, See how many people in this forum can speak English?

17. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

i would say NO!!!
    Even the Chinese buys the Cavs, he is still not famous!
    What he concerns is about money!
    But Yao is playing basketball which is the reason that we involved in this event!

Clear? I am not sure wehther my statement is clear enough or not!!

18. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Buddy, you don't know how much money he has. Maybe not just a billionaire.

19. jerryjangf

jerryjangf Member

20. tsunami

tsunami Member

hey macming, do you know that Lebron will be a free agent in 2011? He himself is expected to leave Cleveland and join a big market club like NYC, etc. So when Yao goes to Cleveland, Lebron might be playing for NY Knicks, LOL.