1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Rumor: Carmelo Anthony gets into Brawl at Nightclub

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dirtyfithynasty, Sep 15, 2004.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I repeat -- these high profile guys, and tall guys are even 'higher' profile, need to stay out of harm's way.

2. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

True...but that's what makes some of them travel with their posse.

Mike Tyson, apparently, used to have some yippee yay challenge him all the time. Best case -- he boasts to his friends how he smacked Tyson...worse case -- his lawyer secures a nice big payment. So he travelled with his own personal thugs who took care of the numbnuts.

It's a different world.

3. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

If there is anything negative about what he did, this is it. Good point.

Where is the thread about Mutombo's 8 million dollar hospital in the Congo that he built? That thread would get 4 posts and be gone within a few hours, but MoP distributing herpes and Melo in a fight will be here for days.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Point well taken. I hope owner Alexander supports his player and does something positive for DM's project -- he has reportedly worked hard at it yet has had scant assistance from his brother NBAers.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

A LOT of these NBA players deserve some negative press, but I gotta agree with AB here.

Spit on my woman's face--even if you got your homeys with you--expect at least one swift kick in the nuts.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Carmelo is a 6-8 220 lb. pro athlete who probably works out 5 days a week if not more. I sincerely doubt that any time an NBA forward walks into a club there are going to be people bigger than him. I would guess he could take care of himself in a fight.

7. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Although if the NBA has proven anything over the past few years, None of these guys can fight.

8. Just B

Just B Member

When did you realize this, after the Kobe/Reggie catfight or after Shaq's 2 infamous "phantom punches"?:p

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

If some b!tch spits in your girlfriend's face right in front of you, it doesn't matter if you're going to take an insane beating. You HAVE to f*** some s*** up. I mean, ****, if that doesn't get your blood up, what WOULD? The guy whipping it out and PISSING in her face?

10. Summer Song Giver

I don't care one way or the other about what Carmelo did. What I find funny is that all these multi-millionares can not remove themselves from these ghetto ass situations. Eggie, AI, Carmelo I mean the list goes on and on and on. What is it about the common NBA player that makes them think they must behave like some common thug? Is it the hip hop lifestyle?

/Doesn't get it

11. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I mean it doesn't make sense to me. I have talked to some of the players that i have met and they seem a bit sensible. They understand that everyone is out to get them.

They know that they hit someone and they can just sue them and there are people out there that are going to pick a fight with them becuase they make millions of dollars.

I really do'nt know why more players just don't walk away when they have so much going for them. they have everything people wish for and yet they manage to act like a 5 year old kid sometimes.

12. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

It wasnt Carmelo anthony... it was DJ Carmelo from a radio station.......

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's not like he got into a fight with some average Joe Schmo

14. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Whatever would happen to "turn the other cheek". :D

15. Just B

Just B Member

So you're saying DJ Carmelo got into a fight because someone spit in LaLa's (Carmelo ANTHONY's girlfriend's) face? Doesn't make much sense to me...

16. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

A guy Carmelo's size may be a badass, but one punch to the wrong spot and he could break his hand. Even our resident Nuggets fan wouldn't be defending him then.

You gotta roll with your posse. It's like an insurance policy.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

She was dating Sugar Ray Leonard...

18. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

the good old AM talk-back radio phenomenon AB... nobody every rings up to say something good or give a complement...... complain and b!tch about something that's a different story

19. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

carmello, i used to like him more than lebron, but now after wat he said abt being on the bench during olympics, and now this..i dunno he looks like a cocky problem child

20. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I second that...also I got to see a clip of him on Leno or some latenight show that had him in is house...he had a painting of himself in his NUGS UNI. and Jesus standing in a pool of blood.. :confused: