1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rumor) Bioware has Knights of The Old Republic MMO on the way

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Brando2101, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

There aren't many things I ask God for...

http://www.primotechnology.com/2007/10/19/biowares-upcoming-mmo-based-in-kotor-universe/

Gamespot does a little more homework.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_b...vert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

#1 Brando2101, Oct 22, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Star Wars is one of the few franchises out there that's perfectly suited for mmorpg play.

What was the controversial update?

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Never played it but MMO is all about balance between classes (i.e. if you spend a large amount of time on your charcter, you'd be pissed if that character's class is all of sudden a lot less powerful than another class). I heard the controversial update gave Jedi class too much power or something.

IMO, World of Warcraft is having the success it's having largely in part due to the developers continuing trying to balance class through all levels of play. It's not perfect and people still complain, but they seemed to listen and consistently tweak things.

4. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Never have I excluded all aspects of my family, friends, and school life more than I did with KOTOR I and II.

Awesome games (granted, like most , I preferred KOTOR I to II, but hell both were great)

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

as far as i recall, in star wars galaxies it used to be a monumental task to get your character to jedi level.. like 1+ years of consistent gameplay...

then in the patch they made it to where it only took a fraction of the same amount of time to get to jedi level, so everybody and their momma had a jedi, apppeal disappeared quickly

in warcraft the class balancing and updates are good, not great.. but the problem is too much expansion.. the game's golden years are long gone, and it will be replaced as king of the mountain shortly...