1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Alston arrested for PI and Assault (CONFIRMED)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdave543, Aug 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

2. Rowdie Brandon

so true....anyone who has been out drinking before could probably be arrested for public intoxication if you drink enough to at least get tipsy...a few weeks ago at a club I mixed my alcohol and while I was taking a shot I couldn't finish it and I ended up puking by the bar....I wasn't drunk my stomach just couldn't take the liquors mixing with one another....had I been caught I could've easily spent my night in jail..

3. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

you win.

4. longliverox

longliverox Member

Highly possible the police officer is a fan of ROX and a big rafter hater, has followed Rafer for a while and finally get a chance to bust his ass!!!!!!
    BTW, the vocabulary game part of this thread really amuse me! genious work!

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

"Apology Accepted" is just my fun way of summing up the calendar year of crap that people who kept it real on Rafer had to take from blind Skip fans for quote-unquote "hating" on him.

A little over 3 months ago, the apologists would have told you that Rafer was the ideal Rockets point guard, an excellent three-point shooter, a dime-dealing wizard, a borderline lockdown defender, the best pure point since Cousy, in no way, shape or form the reason the Rockets could possibly fail in the playoffs and would never be traded.

Can anything else happen to the crushed, burning ruins that was once their stance? We foresaw the script for some of this back in November, but it's like Hollywood got a hold of it and made it completely unbelievable.

Rafer sucks in the playoffs? Check.
    Teammates call for point guard help? Check.
    Team trades for replacement? Check.
    Team signs another replacement? Check.
    Rafer on the trading block? Check.
    Rafer displays character issues? Check.

I'm at a stage now where I feel bad for those people ... especially since it's now clear that <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=120931&page=5#rockets111">God hates them</a>.

6. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

That's certainly possible, although there have been occasions where I personally added information to a baseball player's profile after watching an interview on TV and subsequently reading about it on astros.com, and I even provided links to the info that I added, but someone came in and deleted it for no reason.

Obviously, there is no hard evidence that Rafer does have Asperger's, but I haven't seen anything that proves that he doesn't have it either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

7. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Simply PWNED

8. ham

ham Member

Ok, but by the same token, I haven't seen anything that proves that Rick Adelman isn't a cross-dresser. I get what you're saying, I just don't want everyone running aroud saying Rafer has Asperger's without evidence.

9. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I agree. I guess the only way we'll know for sure is if we ask Rafer himself or his doctor. Care to do the honors? :)

10. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I saw Rafer at Club Glo on sat night....as a matter of fact we talked for a brief second. He was with a young lady with nice breast and pretty face. He didnt smell of liquor. Everyone was shaking his hand and everyone say hey.

The attendant prolly made sum money from the tow truck driver for towing Rafer's car.

11. Fariyad TheKing

I just got off the phone with my best friend ( he works for HPD in the booking department of the jail ), and I asked him about Skip going to jail if he heard about and whatever, and he tells me ya.

Then goes on to say that.....HE WAS THE ONE WHO BOOKED HIM AND SEARCHED HIM AND TOOK HIM TO HIS CELL. He said he looked all drunk and f-ed up, and couldn't walk straight.

BTW, he said Rafer snoores loud as f**k. Probably cause he was drunk.

12. tomato

tomato Member

This is the tough no-mercy guard we need on our team (didn't read the rest, don't care if it's been said already, i'm late for work suckaaaaaas)

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Classic!!!

Now this is the kind of stuff that has always made clutchcity/clutchfans special.

#173 Plowman, Aug 6, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  14. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]
    ...until he gets traded.

15. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

MOREY:

"We shall continue to revolve around both Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady as our nucleus/core in the new season, but at the same time, we will strive to upgrade our point guard position; after all, we were fully exposed on that point guard position last season. Perhaps you know by now, we have nailed down Mike James in the point guard position; Bonzi Wells is now both healthy and in good condition, and he has expressed his willingness to stay with this team. Steve Novak will also be in his sophomore year; normally speaking, a player fresh from the university will only be able to help the team in his second year. I think Carl Landry might not be able to help this team much this year, but definitely Steve (Novak) should start to help this team in the new season".

Gee I wonder who he was talking about there?

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Well he was probably counting the bricks jumpping across his bed

17. davidkconover

davidkconover Member

"Fresh from the university"? I like that. Doubt that is what Morey said. But I like it. Who cares about a point guard... I want to find a girlfriend "fresh from the university".

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Didnt read the whole thread, but it baffles me that it gets 4 stars. :D

19. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

All I want to know is...

Where was Clutch in the early morning hours of August 6th, 2007. Perhaps yelling insults across a bar at Rafer while the guy is just trying to enjoy a few dozen shots of Jager?

Which reminds me... It is now officially (and conveniently) beer thirty.

goodnight everyone.

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member