1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Alston arrested for PI and Assault (CONFIRMED)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdave543, Aug 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kgoodman

kgoodman Contributing Member

Crazy to here this news, because I saw Rafer at Club Glo downtown last night.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

public intoxication

3. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It looks like Rafer was depressed knowing he was about to be given the boot, so he took out all the suspense in it by getting arrested. I feel bad for him. :(

4. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

OWNED.

5. holysilence

holysilence Member

poor Alston

I still remember he worked so hard on his shooting last summer. All news around him is positive. Now, just one year ...

Really hope he is strong enough to get through this.

6. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

I didn't know that. Apparently, he also suffers from ADHD.

http://www.netipedia.com/index.php/Rafer_Alston

7. abundance

abundance Member

What if this is a ploy by Rafer to lower his trade value, so that he can stay with the team?

He buys a beer, and drinks half of it, spills the rest over his face and clothes, yells some insults at the cop at the door, then throws a few jabs. He doesn't get a felony, and he goes free after paying a fine and staying in jail for a day or two. He stays until the start of the season and tries to take the starting PG spot.

8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i'd like to see what the facts are in this situation before i say anything about him. he seems like a good guy.

the intoxication part is on him but we don't know the reason for the assault charge. was he drunk at a club and someone started **** with him or is it all on him?

9. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Wow, rafer must be really beat up now that jvg is gone and he's acting out like this in frustration.

10. samuel1004

samuel1004 Member

You must be the mastermind.

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Someone probaly said hey rafer, you still weraing that shirt that has "i'm gonna be here next year". he probaly snapped.

12. Arkansas rox

Arkansas rox Member

its the rockets organization's fault for starting all these trade talks..he's so worried about his future that he's drinkin away his problems..i knew this would happen, they need to trade him b4 his value drops

13. jingle77

jingle77 Member

14. abundance

abundance Member

I love how they can't spell his name. No respect for Rockets from ESPN. They spelled his name 3 times as "Ralston".

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

wow, I knew about adhd, but not the aspergers syndrome. Hope he gets better.

16. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Rafer Alston Arrested News

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz720E2c41k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nz720E2c41k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Capped & Uploaded By Me

17. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Dear lord do I ever hate your sig. I'm a UH guy myself so I guess I could understand if you went to school in Austin. Go Texans!!!

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope the assault charge is very minor, and didn't involve a police officer(s). Public intoxication isn't a big deal at all. Not at all like DWI (or DUI, for you Yankees). You can get charged for P.I. for just smelling of beer and appearing intoxicated. With any sort of decent legal representation, which his agent will provide, Rafer can get out of that. And I don't think it'll affect his trade value much after a brief period of time, if at all. Assault, however, is another thing altogether. It implies emotional instability, and the potential of problems down the road for an interested team. Very, very bad for the Rocks. Lets hope the assault part comes from a misunderstanding, and is quickly squashed.

Damn it, Alston... did you have to make a **** of things now, when we're trying to move you to a good situation, and improve the Rockets? What a bummer. :(

19. pelbeaini

pelbeaini Contributing Member

Lool :D

20. terrychen01

terrychen01 New Member

i can't believe that!what's wrong with rafer!In the league bussiness is the bussiness!If he wants to prove him,he should play well in the court!