1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumor: Alston arrested for PI and Assault (CONFIRMED)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdave543, Aug 5, 2007.

Tags:
  1. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

hey kas13, can you tell us why rafer's been reported to not be answering phone calls from the rox management?

2. KAS13

KAS13 Contributing Member

Again, that's what he was told as well. We would have to ask Stack for sure but my guess is nobody was there who told him. It was more of a "Rafer Alston just got arrested." "For what?" "They said he spit in a guys face and grabbed his arm." That's my hunch.

Just so you know, I'm going by what i would consider to be very credible sources in this case. I'll put it like this and we'll leave it until everything comes out, Rafer would have to just be straight up lying to people for this to have happened. Is it possible, of course. Like I said, I'm going to assume that not to be the case.

3. KAS13

Lots of frustration right now. Not saying that all players shouldn't completely cooperate with their teams because I believe they should, but Rafer was told he was going to be moved, prepared himself and handled himself in a professional manner, and they still have him sitting on the roster when he could have already been moved and everything would be done. Now, the pg market is drying up because teams who needed a pg (specifically Miami and LAC) and were really interested in rafer have aquired pg's and other teams are making moves to do the same. meanwhile, the Rockets held him looking for a bigger deal then was out there. Now, everyone is losing. We are as a team, rafer certainly did in two places he had a chance to play good minutes, ect.... they should have already traded him. Any fan can see that. I think that's univerally agreed upon. I'm a huge fan of what morey has done this offseason and would still give him an A+ but not in this case.

So, you get into a situation where frustration sets in, an off the court incident occurs that he has to deal with and this is going to be your end result the majority of the time.

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm sure Morey looks back on the possible deals with some regret but hindsight is 20/20.

And on the spitting...
    I think he didn't intentionally spit on him but when a drunk gets very vocal up close, moisture can fly.

5. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I'd rather keep the guy on the team until trade deadline then trade him for Doleac (miami) straight up. I'm not sure what was proposed to the clippers if anything.

6. Rover16

Rover16 Member

I don't understand why we want anything back for rafer anyways. We got too many guys and need to get rid of some guys. Just dumping rafer on someone just to get rid of his contract is a win. We don't need a player back for him.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I think Rafer does have some credibility stock built up in this city. Imagine if this ordeal had gone down with Bonzi!!! Or Pacman, he would never have been arrested bc one of his crew would have just shot the attendant instead.

Oh and while you're thinking of regular people trying to press charges on the players, don't forget Kobe! Actually, it worked out pretty well for him, he managed to get the street cred he needed without doing any time to get it.

8. KAS13

I made that exact point about drinking and people spitting while they talk (especially in an argument) and that is much different then spitting on someone

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

My guess would have been exactly that.

10. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Mine too.

11. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Yeah but Rafer has good value and we can get some PF to be secured at that position.Doleac is nice guy but we can get more than him.

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Yes but Kobe just wants spotlight.

13. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=254553

14. hooroo

hooroo Member