1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] A. Randolph for D. Lee close?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Tornadoofsoul6, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Tornadoofsoul6

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15459741?source=rss&nclick_check=1

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Good move for both teams.

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

And yet... the Warriors will still be awful.

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

this is actually a great move for the knicks. suddenly it looks like they know what theyre doing :eek:

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

What the heck are the Warriors doing??? Knicks got their stuff together, Walsh went all in and looks like he knew what he was doing.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Lee is pretty much perfect for Nellieball. I hope it happens, especially since it would mean Lebron wouldn't be heading to NY.

7. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

If I were D Lee, i would block this sign-and-trade. Going to the Warrios would ruin his career if he wants to win. If he wants to bolster his stats, I guess it's a good move though.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Knicks take a step back THIS season if they do this deal. Randolph has a huge upside but he isn't better than Lee is. Maybe down the road....

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

lee wants about $10M, randolph makes about $2M.

who else would the knicks get to make up the salary difference? i would expect ending contracts of gadzuric, turiaf, or azubuike. any 2 of those 3 would help fill out the roster without compromising cap space for next season.

10. steddinotayto

What are you talking about? They signed Amare and if they get LeBron, trading Lee for Randolph rather than letting Lee leave for nothing is pure genius.

Amare/Randolph/LeBron/Wilson Chandler/Gallinari? Sure their backcourt is nonexistent at the time being, but they would have one of the deepest front courts in the NBA.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This only happens if Lebron turns NY down. Otherwise, NY will not be able to sign & trade David Lee's rights under cap rules.

#11 Carl Herrera, Jul 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Damn imagine the smarts in the Knicks front court, surely a chess board will permanently set up for amare v Randolph

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What are YOU talking about? I was speaking about Lee vs. Randolph. I think Lee is a better player right now.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR FACTS!!!!!1!11!!!!!

15. steddinotayto

I'm talking about the rationale in having Amare AND Lee on the same team. Last I checked, Randolph's defense is a lot better than Lee's and if you're going to have a big man play alongside Amare, it better be a defensive big.

And as smoothie pointed out, why have Lee eating capspace at $10+ a year when can retain Randolph for much less and actually bring in something even a team of LeBron/Amare won't have (i.e. defense)?

16. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

what about lee's bird rights?

17. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

NYKs have to renounce Lee (No SnT) before they have the money for Lebron. They will only renounce Lee if Lebron says yes but once he does NY cuts ties with Lee.

This is their Plan B.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/23074654

19. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Lee has to get someone to give him the ball in a position where he can score. Look at 82games, most of his shots are assisted. Who on that team is going to pass him the ball? Stephen Curry is their best passer, but is still a SG in a PG body.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Umm, don't the Knicks already have Amare? Where the hell are they going to put Randolph? They're both lanky underweight PF's with offensive quickness but no predilection for playing any sort of defense...oh wait, that's perfect for the Knicks nowadays.

This makes so much sense that I feel like Golden State and New York should just exclusively make trades to each other for the rest of the year. They're basically mirror images of each other in opposite conferences.