1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Tomjanovich to resign from Lakers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rikesh316, Feb 1, 2005.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

The ONLY thing that matters at this time is Rudy's well being. He is wonderful person. I know that the prayers of most of the members of this board are with Rudy tonight.

I like to play around on this board as much as anyone, but this is serious. Rudy, we love you, and want you to do what is best for you and your family.

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Rudy isn't the kind of guy who would ever quit unless things were serious. I hope his health is all right. I wish him success in whatever he does.

3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

If there are no health issues ... why Rudy WHY?

Kobe really runs the Fakers, Rudy is a player's coach not to be confused with player's lackey.

I've too many questions to construct any coherent/plausible reason. Go Go Rudy! it never felt right having any good feelings for LA's success. Get the hell outah Dodge.

ole man grumpy, however, only quits when he's totally gutted a team beyond recovery. Damn!

4. RareAir

RareAir Member

This is kind of sudden, and i think that there's something fishy going on.....Maybe it's a combination of buss, kob and kup bearing down on rudy......if that's the case, then the lakers are dumber than i thought.

Hopefully, it's just a stomach virus and nothing more serious......

5. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Yea, I heard he's good at raping people too.:rolleyes:

6. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I love Rudy and I hope everything works out for him...

But I don't understand why Les should try to bring him back. I seem to remember Rudy getting flamed by these boards just a few years back because of some of the same problems we have with JVG. The offense was boring and there were pleanty of complaints about Yao not getting the ball enough. Thats what we still hear today on these boards.

Why bring him back? Maybe JVG isnt the answer for this franchise but why bring back the guy who many thought was a problem just a lil while back. If JVG isnt the coach than look else where bringing Rudy back would be nothing but good PR and sell some tickets.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Actually, JP is right on about this... (not to knock Rudy or anything... he's probably the greatest all-time Rocket right there with Hakeem).

But, its a common misconception that needs to be cleared up.... Steve Patterson was still running things as far as the 1994 draft (when we picked Sam Cassell)... and then he was dismissed by Les some time that Summer. I don't know if he was there for Elie as well... but Horry, Cassell, Smith, Maxwell and Thorpe were all from the Patterson era.

Les brought in another guy... who's name escapes me (he was bald, with a thick new york accent, and he eventually left us after 96 to go run the Bucks).... he never had the title of 'GM" with us, as we called it the "VP of basketball operations." Anyways, that guy made the Drexler trade.

Rudy did have the call on the CBA guys like Chillcut, Brown... and he started calling mostly all the shots after the bald guy left... and his moves do include some great ones including Barkley.

EDIT: The bald guy's name was Bob Weinhauer. He was basically our "GM" in between the Patterson and Rudy/CD eras.

#167 Nick, Feb 1, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  8. roxy

roxy Member

We should let yao know about this
    he's like a father to yao
    maybe
    just maybe
    yao will score 50 on them on Sunday

9. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

no Rudy just finally realized that he was coaching for the wrong reasons, which are he went to the lakers to prove people wrong that he still could coach in the nba, and it was going to take another toll on him if he continued.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Weinauer had been a coach at Penn and, I think, was an assistant with the Rockets for awhile.

Gotta disagree with you about the greatness of that Barkley acquisition.

I know there were other factors but we were better with OT at the 4, Sam at the 1, Horry at the 3 and Barkley in Phoenix.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Good, maybe he can talk about it in a thread that isn't about a guy resigning possibly due to health problems.

12. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

This kinda makes some sense.

I do not see Rudy as a quitter.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I keep hearing may over and over again as in "Rudy may step down". IMHO either this is a serious health issue or he is being forced out because...

who wavers on quitting mid-season?

Weird. :confused:

14. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

I didn't bring up the Rudy for GM posts

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We all know he is leaving the Lakers because of Kobe, the real question is how do we get him back. We need him as coach. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

16. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Kobe has been on the IL for the past few weeks now so i doubt he and Rudy have had too many problems recently since Kobe is not playing.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Fire JVG, Hire Rudy back, he brings back EG over the summer....and Wallah...team gels into a Western Conference contender.

DD

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Kobe does his devious work from the IL, we all learned that with the rape trial...

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Get well Rudy...and come back to the Rockets!

20. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

At least it's supposedly not cancer.

Good luck to ya Rudy. Hope you can rejoin the Rockets org when you feel better.