1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy T. Show 02/13/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by edc, Feb 13, 2003.

1. edc

edc Contributing Member

Rudy T. Show 02/13/2003 (MP3)

A really good show from Rudy. Not only is he in a better mood after last night's victory, but he gets good questions and answers them honestly.

61 minutes, 28 MB

As a special bonus, for only a little extra downloading time, you get an interview with CD which was on Matt Jackson's "Rockets All Access" Show. Among other things, he discusses Yao's regimen, his protein shakes, and how happy everyone is that he just weighed in slightly up at 301.

14 minutes, 6.4 MB

http://homepage.mac.com/echen/FileSharing3.html

#1 edc, Feb 13, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2003
  2. alaskansnowman

Thx man... we all really appreciate this. Keep it up!

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you make me very happy.

we'll make out later.

seems to be no trades on the way........

hhmmmmmmmmm.................

could be good

maybe, maybe no

#3 studogg, Feb 13, 2003
  4. Earl Cureton

Earl Cureton Contributing Member

David Stern's got nothing on your jock.

Keep up the great work!

5. knifejc

knifejc Member

I like the comment CD made when talking about the matchup between Karl and Eddie, and Karl said Eddie gonna be alright. Glad to hear eddie wasn't backing down from Karl

6. SoSoDef76

SoSoDef76 Contributing Member

Thanks edc.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

THanks alot!!!!

You are hte best!!

#7 Uprising, Feb 14, 2003
  8. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I loved Rudy's defense of Francis near the end of the show. Some caller called in to b**** about Steve and Rudy stopped the guy before he could even finish his sentence and set him straight...but not in a bad way.

I think it was during the last 10 minutes of the show...good stuff. Francis/Rudy haters won't like it though.

9. ecinokc

ecinokc Contributing Member

All your hard work is much appreciated, edc!!

I'm glad to hear Yao is supplementing his protein intake with shakes. As CD said, "he is going to become almost illegal" as his weight continues to go up and perfects his hooks and power moves.

10. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

your the man edc thanks!

11. albert57d

albert57d Member

for those of you who have heard this interview could you please talk about the interview in more detail. Im only renting computer use in internet cafe and I dont even know what program I need to hear the interview after downloading and where to search the file (after download) and how to run it. Likewise connection here is slow . Thank you.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Rudy told most of the critic/fans to back the ---- up, we are doing fine. He said francis is a special player and we shouldn't try to turn him into a Stockton type of player. He said that people who wish to turn him into a Stockton type are sons of a motherless goat and they should concentrate more on there own lives than the Rockets. He said also that he was looking for a guy like that poster Don Grahamleone who generally keeps an even keel to help out with the Rockets organization. Don Grahamleone replied that he would do whatever it takes to slightly improve this team. Rudy was adamant about how newbies should not disrespect the clutch city society and should shut their holes. Overall, his radio show made me realize that I am a person who should not necessarily make a big difference, but help his staff through my extensive video editing experience. Rudy may (or may not have asked for my resume for Rocket employment) to add to his staff. Many players have checked in with the Rockets staff to see if they could coach Yao Ming. Rudy said, "I wouldn't count on it, we have don grahamleone". In other words, I could be a great video editor for the Rockets. I can edit in a way that will help players learn how to teach Rockets to win against new offenses.

dongrahamleone@yahoo.com

my Rockets resume is available upon request

13. haven

haven Member

He's still using the "Francis isn't Stockton" line? That one always worries me. I'm sure I'm wrong, but it makes me think that there isn't any problem with Francis' court vision and decision-making skills. I'll agree 100% if he just means that not everyone's going to have a 5/1 turnover/assist ratio and dish out 10 per game. If Steve never does that... you'll never hear a disparaging word from me on that regard.

But to say that Steve doesn't need to make improvement in that area? I hope Rudy is just being his usual "I don't criticize players" self on the issue.

14. xcharged

xcharged Member

U Rock, your work is appreciated!

15. rockyymf

rockyymf Member

I'm dissapointed at his reponse regarding to the Moses Malone coaching Yao issue. Although he said he had no problem with that, he did'nt sound to be enthusiastic about it either.

16. carayip

carayip Member

I think he meant that Steve can be a Isiah Thomas/Gary Payton scoring guard type, not the John Stockton pure PG type. That's okay for me. Steve still needs to make a lot of improvement to reach that Isiah/Payton level. I think (hope) both Steve and Rudy realize that.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How long was Stockton on the bench B4 he started

Rocket River

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So was the Moses Malone/Teaching Yao scenario discussed? Glad to see Yao is up to 301!

Chris

19. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

If Yao could stay here over the summer he could play with Moses down at the Fonde Rec center all he wants.

Blame the Chinese government, not Rudy.

20. vusa_amtd

vusa_amtd Member

rockyymf:
    I'm dissapointed at his reponse regarding to the Moses Malone coaching Yao issue. Although he said he had no problem with that, he did'nt sound to be enthusiastic about it either.

I am pissed off. Yao is not there yet, he might never get there under rudy's guidance. don't want somebody else get credit for yao's develepment? I hope it's not. remember yao has a long way to go.