1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy sounds pissed!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wiredog, Jan 31, 2003.

Tags:
  1. wiredog

wiredog Member

Rudy was on the news last night and evidently a reporter asked him if he was concerned. He replied "Damn right I'm concerned! You're damn right I'm concerned!!" I've never heard him sound so pissed off!!! Maybe the Dallas game lit a fire under his sack, and he's gonna take charge of the team and put the players (I mean Mo'Ball-ey) in their place. I hope so.

2. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

He may just be concerned about the fact that this is the first time there seems to be a concerted effort around Houston and the league to question his abilities.

3. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

Yao Ming accepted an interview a few months ago after he played the game with 76ers (preseason game). Rockets lost that game. He said Rudy was very angry about the lost. In the locker room, Rudy shouted to the players, blamed them not getting rebounds and not excuting his gameplan. Yao Ming said he was shocked that Rudy said many "F***" to the players. That was the first time he heard somebody said so many "F***". Nobody dared to say one word.

Maybe RUDY is not that "soft".

4. carayip

carayip Member

Any link? Not that I question you but I would like to read that article.

5. windandsea

Yang Yi's article. I will try to find for you.

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Its one thing for the coach to see Sportscenter dissing his guards style of play. But its whole another thing when the local football loving sport guys here in Houston get in on the act. Last night, Tim Melton did a short segment on the Rockets and the guards poor attempts at passing and replayed two seperate instances in the Dallas game where Yao was wide open with his hands up but the guards ignored him. That had to hurt.

7. coma

coma Contributing Member

It's been great listening to Lance Z blasting the Rockets for the past couple of mornings.

8. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

He was blasting Steve more than anything and has made up his mind that Steve in NOT a PG. But will say that the Rockets are 13-4 when Steve get 7+ assists. Well, Steve has upped his assist total every season as he has gotten more comfortable playing point. I think Lance needs to be a little more patient.

I love John and Lance but they do get a little emotional. I like them alot more than the afternoon crew. Charlie Pallilo is an areshole sometimes but he has be surprisingly supportive of the Rockets of late ( which is not the norm for him).

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Pallilo is realistic. That's probably why he's being supportive.

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Rudy has been around for so long because he can be like Guns and Roses -- he can lose it with his players behind close doors and see the silver lining when talking with the press. His players don't get angry with him because they know he is right when he does yell.

11. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, it is just the opposite:

Year 1: 6.6 apg
    Year 2: 6.5 apg
    Year 3: 6.4 apg
    This year: 6.1 apg

And his turnovers have gone up since year 2.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

ugh, you beat me to it rimbaud. I remember everyone talking about the drop in steve's assists and overall game in a couple of other threads. Okay it was more than a couple...:(

13. carayip

carayip Member

Consider that he has more and more talent around him each year (and you are supposed to get more assists if your teammates can make more shots). Those numbers are just unacceptable!

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wonder if Rudy is still having these same problems in the locker room after games where he is mad that the team did not follow his game plan.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Rudy may be pissed. But he's not pissed off at Steve and Cuttino. Someone explain to me why the keep getting 40+ minutes a game if they aren't following the game plan.

16. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I have an idea. I might be because the only game plan he runs is bascially Iso, after Iso. Steve and Cuttino are the best 1 on 1 players. So, he has to play them 40 min a game in order to even have a remote chance of winning. It's time for some actual plays. Something, anything. Or maybe Rudy is just lost when it comes to that portion of the game? Scary to think.

17. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

OK I stand corrected but I still feel Steve will get it right and be the PG we need.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So your solution is....give Moochie more time?

19. windandsea

http://sports.tom.com/Archive/1019/1042/2002/10/28-36523.html

Even if you cannot read Chinese you still can find that word "f***" in English in this article. :)

This is one part of that article.

ÌÀ˧ÔÚ¼ÇÕßÃæÇ°ÈÔÈ»ºÜÇáËɵĵ÷Ù©£¬ËƺõʲôҲ²»µ£ÐÄ£¬µ«µ±Ëû×ß½ø¸üÒÂÊÒ£¬±ãÊÇÒ»¸ö²»ÎªÍâÈËËùÖªµÄÖ÷˧¡££²£³ÈÕÔÚÁìÏÈÇé¿öÏÂÊä¸øÂí´Ì£¬ÌÀ˧ÔÚ¸üÒÂÊÒÀï´ó·¢À×öª£¬²»Í£µÄÓÃÕ½Êõ°åÇôò×ÅÒ¹ñ¸ßº°£º¡°ÎÒÃDZ»ºÃºÃÉÏÁËÒ»¿Î£¡¡±Ò¦Ã÷˵£º¡°ÄÇÌ쳵ϼ¸ºõÿ£³¸ö×ÖÀï¾ÍÓÐÒ»¸ö¡®£æ£õ£ã£ë¡¯£¬Æ½Ê±ÄǸ±ÉðÊ¿Ñù¶ùȫûÁË£¬Äã²»ÖªµÀÎÒµ±Ê±¾ªÑȵðÑ×ìßÖµÃÓжà´ó¡£¡±£²£´ÈÕÊä¸ø£·£¶ÈË£¬ÌÀ˧ÔÚ¸üÒÂÊҵĺڰåÉÏдÏ¡°Àº°å£´£±±È£¶£²£¬Ç°³¡Àº°å£¹±È£²£´¡±£¬»ØÍ·À÷ÉùÖÊÎÊ£º¡°ÄãÃǵÄÕ½¶·¾«ÉñÄØ£¡¡±ËùÓÐÈ˶¼ã¶ã¶µØµÉ×ųµÏ£¬Ã»È˸ҳö°ëÉù¡£

20. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

It doesn't look like we can get hep internally. The only solution left is to find help elsewhere. I think we gotta move Cat. Our guard play has to improve significantly for us to have a fighting chance.