1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy on the game: "I think we played the game the right way."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yaodynasty, Nov 6, 2002.

1. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

This is the last sentence i want to hear. When will the rocket realize that you have to play team ball?

[ CUTTINO MOBLEY On the Rockets' third period collapse:
    "I don’t know (what happened). G.P. was playmaking and doing a lot of different things out there. They were getting some easy shots that even high school kids could make." ]

You know why they got the easy shots? Pass to the open man instead of dribbling until the last minute and then jacking up.

2. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Actually it's dribbling to the last seconds, then driving and attempting a circus shot or circus pass.

3. swt939

swt939 Member

i'm starting to dislike cuttino more and more everyday.

4. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

removed my post...

#4 DavidS, Nov 6, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2002
  5. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Actually i saw from another post Cat said later "We need to learn how to shoot the ball well". This seemed suggesting "there are people in my team who cannot shoot well...".

What kinda IQ is that. He knows GP make his teammates get easy shots and still refuses to say that is not sth he should learn.

I'd rather he didn't learn anything instead of going to the wrong direction.

6. Stylez

Stylez Member

Does any player on our team w/ the exception of Mobley (and a healthy Rice) know how to catch and shoot? I don't think so. We don't have plays and we don't have shooters, its that simple. "I don't know what happened" is the standard response to a team going on a run and kicking your @$$, I realy doubt his comment on that makes him a "dumb" basketball player. When Rudy implements the "plays" he supposedly has, the Rocks will start to make more plays. And all this Mobley hate has got to stop. He's a hard worker, loves being a part of the team and the community and he gets no love here on cc.net. All I can say is that I'd rather have the Cat out there than Michael Dickerson or Shandon Anderson. Don't forget who our SG's were after Clyde and before the Cat.

7. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

According to the Chron,

Rudy said "They (Seattle) played the game the right way."

No wonder why Rudy gets bashed so much around here. Some of the clueless BBS members misquote the guy.

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

You are right!!! I just read that. The title must be changed!!!!!

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

yaodynasty,

I changed the subject to read what the Chronicle quote actually said. If you find an actual quote where Rudy said what you claimed he said, I'll be more than happy to change it back.

Rudy's quote can be found here.

10. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

I missed it. What was the original title?

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

"Rudy on the game : 'I think we played the game the right way.'"

12. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

deleted

#12 yaodynasty, Nov 6, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2002
  13. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Quite a difference!

14. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Nope, READ here on the game quote from the Official NBA rockets site. That's why i and some others got the feeling and put that title.

Clicke HERE:

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/RocketsSonics_Postgame_Quotes-57593-34.html

ROCKETS COACH RUDY TOMJANOVICH

On the Sonics:
    "Seattle is the most offensive efficient team that I have seen. (Gary) Payton, I don’t even want to call him an old pro, because he didn’t play like an old pro. He’s really good at finding people. And they’ve got an arsenal of shooters. We tried several different tactics. Yet, he (Payton) had an answer for every one of them."

On the game:
    "I think we played the game the right way. ....."

15. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Check what's on NBA Sonics's site about the game quote:

http://www.nba.com/sonics/news/Sonics_at_Rockets_Postgame_Quo-57623-51.html

RUDY TOMJANOVICH (on the Sonics)….”Seattle is the most offensive efficient team that I have seen. Payton, I don’t even want to call him an old pro, because he didn’t play like an old player. He’s really good at finding people. And they’ve got an arsenal of shooters. We tried several different tactics. Yet, he (Payton) had an answer for everyone of them.”

(on the Rockets play)….”I think we played the game the right way. We played a pretty good game for three quarters. Third quarter we went into one of those logs that we are seeing everybody have. We couldn’t hit a shot. We tried a little bit of zone, they tried a zone. They were making threes, we couldn’t get it going. The gratifying things was though, that my team’s got heart. They are not going to quit. And they fought and fought.”

So we are not clueless, but just read too much.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dr of Dunk. I suggest checking both the Chronicle and Rockets.com before making corrections. This has come up before. Feigen will distill things down and possibly use shorthand. Who knows what rockets.com does.

but there have bee inconsistencies before.

Plus Feigen doesn't use all the quotes. The nba sites are posting more nowadays.

My vote: I think you should change the title back, as you promised the Author of the thread.

17. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I can't access www.chron.com from work.

Did Rudy fall off the wagon? There's gotta be a rational explanation for this statement. Or he needs new glasses.

18. yaodynasty

yaodynasty Member

Maybe we should quote Ruday as saying "Both they and we played the game the right way". :confused:

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn, 2 different quotes. yaodynasty, I went ahead and just changed it back. I have no idea what Rudy said now... :confused:

My apologies, man. :)