1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay WTF man?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Felece, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Felece

Felece Member

With Grizzlies up by 1. 98-97, 0.04 Seconds left.

Rudy Gay has 19 points, he misses the first freethrow, then HITS the second. He kept his 20 points per game streak alive but guess what?

Allyoop to J-Rich(Like Mavs in Preseason against Rockets) for the tie, then Memphis Loses in OT.

Great Job lol.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wow seriously. i think i would bench him for the next game if i was a coach. no excuse.

3. YaoZow

YaoZow Member

What a moron stat stuffer.

You kidding me? Everybody misses that 2nd free throw if there's .4 on the clock.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't watch the game. Did he try to make it or did he accidentally make it?

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

If his reaction tells us anything he wanted to miss.

I only saw the highlights, but the play where he threw the ball against Grant Hills back was actually very smart. I was surprised. Unfortunatly he srewed up with the free throws, but I would not the end of this game to bash Gay.

6. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I live in Phoenix and watched this whole game. Memphis was up big thoughout the game and collapsed in the fourth. (kind of like our beloved Rockets :grin: I kid) After numerous of choking to get Phoenix back in the game, they still managed to be up by 1 point. This is after GAY threw the inbound pass off of Grant Hill's back nearly getting called for a lane violation. Nash foul'd him with .4 left on the ticker. GAY missed the first FT, so with .4 seconds left was told to miss the second FT. He SWISSSHED the second one so I can't tell if he tried to miss or not. Had a smirk on his face and conveniently kept his 20pts per game streak alive. STAT Padder? Thats food for thought. After the play Hill through a heck of an inbound pass to J Rich for an uncontested layup (similar to that Dallas preseason game that that goodness doesnt count :) lol) Gay had a shot to tie the game with a 3 in OT but missed. Phoenix wins so all in all it was on Gay for the loss

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Also, with 2 overtimes to do it, he didnt have a single assist.

8. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Seemed to me Gay was absolutely trying to get his 20. I mean, look at the inbounds play. The only way he has even a chance of scoring another point is by passing it off of Hill to himself. It looks like a smart play, but I question if winning was his entire motivation in doing it. It's not like he made even the slightest effort to escape Nash's foul with just .4 left (seriously, watch the highlight. He's just standing there, nonchalant, barely within arms reach. A step or two to the left and the game's over).

Then the FT he made. It did not look at all like he tried to miss that, despite his supposedly regretful facial expression after swishing it. If you ask me, Rudy totally screwed his team out of a W.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

2 years ago...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p06mBlz40SM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p06mBlz40SM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

10. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Rudy Gay messed it up big time for his teammates and couches...that is just a bone-headed play...look at the highlight, he was supposed to miss the 2nd free throw, right now he makes the 2nd FT, marc gasol was like "wtf?" lol...dumbass rudy gay...that is a "HALL OF SHAME PLAY".

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

douche play... I wish we had him over Batt tho..

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I think he tried to miss. I guess he is just too good and he made it.

13. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Good thing we traded him for Shane.

14. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

How did they lose? When I saw yesterday the score was like 31 16 lol..

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

In Rudy Gay's defense, the Suns made the game go into overtime off of some fluke ass play.

16. nabeel623

nabeel623 Contributing Member

You've never seen someone come back from 15 down in the NBA?

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The same play that AB scored an alley-oop layup from in the 2009 Playoffs.
    The same play that Dwight Howard dunked it in a while ago.
    The same play that Shawn Marion got to beat us in the preseason.
    Etc.
    Etc.

Grizz should have seen that play coming.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Players accidentally make free throws all the time. Why assume he purposely hit the shot when explicitly told not to? His 20-game streak was only 6 games. Not much motivation there.

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Exactly... What is this based on? Your feeling of him actually being that selfish? The OP failed... along with the rest of you that went with it. This is sad.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

yea i know

signed

shaq
    dwight howard
    chuck hayes