1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay with the gamewinner!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by G-Money, Nov 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Incredible shot... and for him to have made it over LeBron out-stretched arm makes it even more special.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's what I was saying. Horry always had to have someone set him up and all he ever hit was long jumpers. Rudy Gay has hit long jumpers, turnarounds, finished near the rim and has hit very difficult pull-up jumpers off the dribble. Of course like you said, he's actually productive and worth a dime in the regular season, unlike the older version of Horry.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That really was a fantastic shot. I watched it again in slow motion. Lebron was right there with him all the way.

What athleticism and smoothness.

What made it even more impressive was that he turned it over the previous possession and he did not let it effect him.

4. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Love it. Incredible shot. The fact that it was in LeBron's face made it all the better.

5. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Dude you read my mind. He's the new Battier without the offensive game of battier and the smarts.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

LMAO awesome!! Stares down everyone on the Heat bench.

7. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

That staredown was G. He hit it right on LeQueen's face

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

Reminds me of that Kobe fade eventual game winner over the the full length of Yao

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

anyone got a clip of this yet? need to post it on my friend's facebook wall.

10. blackistan

blackistan Member

DAMN we should've kept him

11. G-Money

G-Money Member

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjhYC5b9ADo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xjhYC5b9ADo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

lol, love the screen copy of the NBA Broadband and personal desktop. I don't know if there's any "illegality" to it, just love the shamelessness of it. Its the quickest way to get highlights up.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I was there on draft day booing with the rest of the fans when the announced the trade.

14. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

No worries, Presti won't be trading Thabo for a draft pick anytime soon unless it is in the high lottery.

Including this year, he has 4 years remaining @ 3, 3.3, 3.6, and 3.9. Clay Bennett will probably pinch pennies tighter than Les, and you're not going to find many decent, young nba players at that salary range (excluding draft picks).

15. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

I see your game-winner and raise you with:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J_pKLCiXnU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4J_pKLCiXnU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

16. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Im looking at all those highlights and Rudy Gay has like 6 game winner videos. Sounds like someone we could use?

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Like I said in the "unclutch" thread, being clutch does count for something but it seems more a matter of retaining poise and keeping up your level of competence in key minutes.

Just a couple weeks ago we saw highlights of Rudy Gay making bad plays down the stretch to lose games. Now he's crafting himself into being an ultra-closer.

I guess the measure of clutch is more the WILLINGNESS to WANT to take on a closer role, than it is about the actual PRODUCTION in the closer role. Its better if you miss shots boldly and confidently rather than shrinking in the crunch time because its having the GUTS that counts.

18. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Mental note taken.

1 person likes this.
  19. G-Money

G-Money Member

Oh reallllyyyy?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNjH-p-yhOA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNjH-p-yhOA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Epic face/look on Juwan Howard ...... whats with the bandaid on his nose lol