1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay Traded To Sacramento

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Moonscope, Dec 8, 2013.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Is Rudy Gay the 2nd clutchest player in the league behind Joe Johnson?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ttHBHC7BqTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xZUD5D9m1jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3aA68WK_it0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Like I said, I don't think he should be the #1 or #2 scoring option and he probably shouldn't be your #1 or #2 clutch shooter to run a play for to win the game either.

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm sure there are people in L.A who would love take those seats.

5. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

You missed the point. He didn't want to return the tickets in order for other people to get a chance at seats', but because he's cheap.

6. LCAhmed

I would rather him be cheap than to blow his money and be broke 2 years after he's out of the league.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

There's a big difference from spending for a few tickets to being broke after making so many millions. It would be like me buying something for €999.99 and then going off at cashier because she doesn't have €0.01 at the moment and make her go fetch it.

8. LCAhmed

I think you're getting the story twisted. He asked for a refund because he wasnt allowed to play and the people he bought tickets for were no longer going to attend. I would do the same thing if I were Rudy. It's not about the $$$, it's about the principle.

9. NewBigThree09

NewBigThree09 Member

Your thought is twisted.
    It's like saying you're a billionaire so you should throw a thousand dollars in a fire for the lolz

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's not clear from the story... did he ask for a refund before the game, or after the game because the people he bought the tickets for didn't go?

If it's the later, then yes it's a ridiculous request.

If it's the former, he should have done what ever other person in America has to do when they have tickets to a game they are no longer going to attend... sell those tickets online.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This, what the hell is refunding a ticket, just sell them online

12. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Gay has to be the most over rated playing in history. He has always been a what could have been? type of player, IMO.

For example he is shooting 38.8% for the season and taking over 18 shots per game :eek:

He is no where near max money, Toronto dogging a bullet trading him away.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's not really the same thing at all, 0.01 euro isn't worth anything, and so getting it back is useless. Those tickets costs 100s of dollars each, trying to get those back isn't cheap, it's what sensible people do. Blowing thousands of dollars like it's no big thing is a reason why guys like Allen Iverson and Antoine Walker end up broke after they retire.

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Well it seems to me like he did that of spite. What should people that sell the tickets do? Tell him "we're not selling your tickes because you won't be playing?"
    If I buy tickets to a concert but then can't go because my child got sick and I have to take him to a hospital, does that entitle me to a refund? Hell no. And so it doesn't him. He knows it but he's fighting over couple hundred dollars that don't even belong to him anymore. That's why he's cheap.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

thats a smart decision. He won't be going broke like every other athlete. You'd be surprised at how even billionaires are with small amounts of money.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So if I bought tickets to a Rockets' game mainly to see Harden and found out a few hours before that they planned to sit him out, I should be entitled to a refund? Exact same scenario. There are no guarantees as to who will or won't play in a particular game. It was a ridiculous request.

17. Exel

Exel Member

That was the "return of Kobe" game. He should have scalped them for big bucks. Not like he had anything better to do while he was waiting to be traded.

18. vince

vince Member

You are comparing apples to oranges. You mentioned this as a member of the audience. Rudy Gay is a part of the show. And being part of the show hold special priveleges. It means you know the higher up and arent dealing with a ticket representative and their games.

Also when these players buy tickets for their family and friends to go see them, they are buying dozens of tickets. Probably spending in the several thousand dollars.

Plus alot of professional US athletes do this.

19. LCAhmed

I see your point and agree to an extent. But to be honest, YES you are entitled to a refund. I have seen plenty of people return/exchange tickets at the box office. In fact, I have exchanged tickets to upgrade (which is refunding then me choosing to use my credit for something else) less than an hour before tip off.

If you were to buy a TV, but found out that it didn't fit your needs or specs that you thought it had, are you not entitled to return said product? I do not believe the request is ridiculous at all. I think that because Rudy makes a lot of $$$$ and the tickets may seem minute [my noot (small)] to most people since he's a millionaire, that they make Rudy sound out of line, when in fact as a consumer, he is within his rights.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Raptors were 6-12 with Rudy Gay, 3-1 since he left.

What a player.