1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rudy Gay request trade from Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Horry33, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It seems OKC can rebound faster than expected, Gay is basically on Durant's level.
    Did OKC actually get better this off-season?

2. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Gay is a below-average shooting wing with low bbiq. He's been in the league 10 years but he's still the same player he was when he came in.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

Pass on this one we got one ball hog don't need to besides he doesn't play great defense.

4. craguin

craguin Member

She works for The Sacramento Bee:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To clarify here: Rudy Gay has not officially asked for a trade, but he wants out. Kings know it. If he is still on roster in Sept., beware.</p>&mdash; Ailene Voisin (@ailene_voisin) <a href="https://twitter.com/ailene_voisin/status/751685730238230528">July 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is like Ryan Mallet requesting a trade from the Texans.

6. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

I would take him over Brewer and Mcdaniels

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2016/7/26/12283364/sacramento-kings-rudy-gay-frustration

8. hakeemthagreat

Rudy Gay is a solid player. Yes I know how you guys despise of american born players here (the ones names you can actually pronounce:rolleyes:) but Gay has some talent. I can see him playing a playmaking PF and sliding over to SF behind Trevor. His role here would significantly reduced but it would give us more firepower offensively

9. T.MAC

T.MAC Member

last season Beasley is hell better than Gay
    and also will you people clap and say Gay Gay Gay to our players at the Toyota Center? that's really offence specially to Harden

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Contemplative post.

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

they once chanted HEad HEad HEad.....

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'll give them Brewer and Ariza if they send back a first rounder

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I've yet to see any indication that having Rudy Gay on your team helps you win.

Even his best team, the Grizzlies, didn't go anywhere until Randolph and Conley shuffled him back to a max-contract-having fourth banana.

I can imagine him being a good sixth man for a contender at some point, and the contract actually isn't bad, but I wouldn't give up actual assets for him.

14. leangle25

leangle25 Member

OKC might be willing to take him

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He is the epitome of empty stats stuffer. He is a losing player and at times an inefficient chucker but he is still at Durant's level.

Rudy Gay deserves to make his call and go to a championship team like the Cavs just like Durant did with the Dubs.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

After having posted at length about Rudy Gay - I kinda forgot he was still in the league.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Would rather have Beasley. At least Beasley is self critical.

And at literally 1/20th of the price. The only asset I'd give up for Gay is Corey Brewer. I wouldn't even throw in McDaniels who has so far done nothing for us.

18. Airdough

Airdough Member

If the Kings offered you an opportunity to get out of the Brewer and KJ contracts for an expiring deal, you do it. Even if he flames out like Ty Lawson, still better off going into next offseason.

I think Gay needs a change of scenery and would be a good enough small ball 4, especially not knowing how our other front court players will hold up.

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I don't want Rudy Gay. Ariza probably has a better shot with a better contract.

#59 danoman, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Also we love head. I loved that chant. And I also really loved Luther. Guy was the start of our three point obsession. Lol