1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Rucker Park) Basketball Documentary featuring Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by across110thstreet, Mar 27, 2008.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Gunnin' For That #1 Spot

this is made by Beastie Boy Adam Yauch and his newly formed production company, Oscilloscope Pictures. he chronicled the inaugural Boost Mobile Elite 24 Classic Invitational Tournament in 2006, when Love was a senior in High School. other players featured include Jerryd Bayless, Michael Beasley, Tyreke Evans, Donte Greene, Brandon Jennings, Kyle Singler and Lance Stephenson.

the film premieres at TriBeCa Fil Festival this year.

www.gunninmovie.com

2. across110thstreet

the website is finally up and a mini trailer featuring Kevin Love is now available.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZoQQetDOt0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZoQQetDOt0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Rocket Related side note: the name of the Blue Team is the "Skip To My Lou Squad" :D

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

This movie is at 86% on Rotten Tomatoes...anybody seen it yet?

There should definitely be some interest since it features the Houston Rockets' newest member Donte Greene.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

crap i forgot this was out this weekend. I will probably check it out in the next few days since it looks to be a limited engagement. good thing its playing in santa monica

5. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

6. The_Yoyo

saw this earlier today and its was pretty good, definitely just a movie for basketball fans only.

its chronicled 8 guys donte greene was one of them. it talked about him and his family and how his mother passed away and how his grandparents were left to raise him and his little brother. after watching it i had a new found respect for him (i didnt really know much about him before) but he seems like a really good kid and a hard working kid.

oh man brandon jennings is really really good of course i already knew he was good but seeing him play a wide open style (only game i really saw him play before this was the mcdonalds all american) that guy is going to be a beast in the league.

lance stephenson looks pretty good he was the youngest invitee (hoping he'll go to UCLA)

kevin love not much more to say than he seems to be the most "blessed" out of the group. with a family that could afford extra things for him and his dad having played in the nba gave him an extra advantage but seeing him in this film and having watch him play every game at ucla its amazing how much he has mature in that 1/1.5 years.

beasley pretty much what everyone said about him. the guy was simply impossible to guard on the court at one point when greene was guarding him beasley talked trashed about his D and then drove past him and hit a reverse double pump layup. the guy was also a prankster as well so definitely a lot of "kid" in him still. looks like this guy is going to be a trash talker though in the league.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

That's too much space, Donte!

j/k...there's really no way to guard Beasley in a pick up game. Without help defense, he has free reign.

By the way, Beasley's hands look pretty huge on that basketball. Makes me wonder, out of all the things they do measure at the combine, why they don't measure hand size. It's probably a lot more important than bench press, at least.

8. The_Yoyo

oh yeah this thing had one of the best hip hop soundtracks ever!

9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Think it was Jordan who said the ability to palm the ball as comfortably as possible was the most important asset in basketball.

Then again, he drafted Kwame as a result and uh...yeah, take that with a grain of salt.

10. across110thstreet

wow, this was a nice look into elite high school basketball....

what an amazing soundtrack to go along with it, too.

it will be an interesting time capsule, as the announcer mentioned that half of these guys are going to be millionaires in the next five years.

but I liked the documentary feel of it, when 8 of the players were showcased and we learn what their worlds are like when they are being groomed at such a young age to become pros.

but some names such as Brandon Jennings, Kevin Love, Mike Beasley, andof course Donte Greene, all of them are going to be big-time players.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Buddy of mine has production on that.