1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ruchi's Green Sauce

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckkky, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

What happen to it? I remember it used to be so spicy than now that **** is weak as fawk!

I used to go to Ruchi's after long night of drinking and that green sauce would sober me up quick.

That sauce was so spicy and good I will never forget it in my life.

My grandpa has Parkinson's Disease and don't remember a damn thing, not even his wife's name, but when he sees that green sauce from Ruchi he shakes in fear pointing at it.

I remember asking one of the waitress back then how they made the sauce.

Jalapeno ann oil blended together... wtf... I tried to make it home and it just doesnt come out right.

Missing that green sauce doe... :(

That is all.

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

At least the Texans had a good draft.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Yeah I heard Green Sauce had a horrible showing at the combine with a 4.8+ 40 and fell off the map. Probably will get picked up some where like Taco Cabana or somewhere with a camp invite to prove himself.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Seriously? I mean... Even with the blue theme and Andre Johnson at the top of the page?

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

When you quit battlefightin', like the green sauce, fans quit caring.

7. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Think he'll make a lot of people sweat if he goes back to his old ways. As luckkky said, he's pretty weak right now so i think you're right on the taco cabana front. Maybe Taco Bell might take a look. Who know's? Good luck to him.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Too much green sauce is what Hopkins had at the combine.

1 person likes this.
  9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The green sauce was traded for a player to be named later

10. Granville

Granville Member

Looks like you got drunk and then skipped the Green Sauce before posting in what you thought was the Tex-Mex forum.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

it comes out looking the same as it goes in

12. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Dark theme, man.

Better get your goons together, Luckkkkky.

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

That sauce is 41-0 against my stomach. It is impossible to win going against such a fierce competitor.

14. carlosc

carlosc Member

Dude. First of all each Ruchi's makes its own sauces so each location will have a sauce that may be slightly to somewhat different from the others.

Second, the green sauce is a pipian sauce, it's made with pumpkin seeds. Jalapenos and oil? Come on. You really tried to make a sauce like that?

The main ingredient is pumpkin seeds, the green ones you can get at any Fiesta. Go get some. You'll also want some oil and if you still have the jalapenos, good. If not, get serranos because I bet whoever makes the sauce at Ruchi's uses serranos.

I would heat a skillet of the seeds until they start to give off an aroma. Their oil will heat and release. Keep moving them around in the pan, stirring them, shaking the pan, whatever, no need to be too fine. When they start to release an aroma take them off the heat. Char a couple of serranos and maybe half an onion. Leave the serranos whole (remove the stems, obviously) and maybe cut the onion into quarters or eighths. Leave them in a heated, dry pan until they get a nice bit of black on them. No need to blacken every last inch of everything, just get some color.

Take the toasted seeds, the peppers and the onions and add some stock, chicken stock, vegetable stock, whatever, and a bit of oil and blend the hell out of it. The texture of Ruchi's sauce tells you that they don't strain it all that much. The seeds end up being ground down fine and they give the sauce the texture that you know.

Govern the heat of the sauce by how many peppers (and what kind) you use. Play around with the measurements until you get something you like. I'd use plenty of stock and simmer it for a while to concentrate everything and soften the ground seeds. I'd salt the sauce once it had been simmered to a consistency I wanted.

And DO NOT use white pumpkin seeds you get out of a raw pumpkin. Those are good, too, but they are not what you want for this sauce. Use the green ones you can get at any Hispanic market. If you use anything else you'll end up making a giant mess.

Damn. Doesn't anyone around here have a Mexican grandmother? I'd hate to see what you people do to a pot of beans.

15. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

Very informative and well said Carlos.. now go back to your country!

16. carlosc

carlosc Member

I'm in my country, chief. But I'll be in the US in a week and will surely enjoy some Ruchi's then.