1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ruben Patterson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhiteMagic02, May 31, 2001.

Tags:
  1. WhiteMagic02

WhiteMagic02 Member

Does anyone know anything as to whether he will option out of his contract or not??
    Hes a defensive stopper, (remember the block against Stevie to get the win, nickname is "Kobe stopper") a young guy that would fit well with this team at the 3, and we may be able to get him for the mid-level exception.

------------------

2. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Who cares about the contract, Jail may stop him from playing for us though [​IMG]

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

3. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Jail bird...... he chilling with Sam Mack

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

4. Steve_Francis_rules

How much time does he actually have to end up serving? I know most of his sentence was suspended.

------------------

5. WhiteMagic02

WhiteMagic02 Member

You all know how it is with athletes, he'll be out in no time, if he serves any time at all.

------------------

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

7. tuus

tuus Member

i would like to see him in houston rockets. seatlle was 4-0 against lakers this season and i looked at box-scores. kobe was in:
    1.st game 6-16FG 6TO 17P
    2.nd game 8-25FG 2TO 19P
    3.rd game 5-19FG 2TO 21P
    in fourth game kobe was DNP, ruben played 7 min. looking this, maybe ruben patterson REALLY IS "kobe stopper".
    he is'nt very excpensive also. according to Tony's Home Page http://members.home.net/nbasalaries/Teams/seadata.htm he played 2000/2001 for 0,99 mil and will have player option sign for one more year and 1,08 mil.
    i would love to sign him for 5-6 mil per year.

------------------

8. LAKESHOW2G

LAKESHOW2G Member

All i can say is HEADCASE

He used to fight with Kobe Bryant in practice, and he's a Jail Bird.

He may also be a cancer to a young team like yours, You guys do not want him around Stevie Franchise or Cat.

------------------

9. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

People please...

Ruben is not a jailbird. He is a f*cking rapist. I don't care what the f*ck he can do with a basketball. I don't want him on my team. And guess what, Les doesn't either. I hear people complain about the permissive environments that athletes live in and then back it up by debating the skills of a f*cking rapist. Before you take this any further, think about this.

Imagine your sister or girlfriend babysitting over at the Patterson's. She accidentally walks in on ol' Ruben spankin' it. He proceeds to chase her around the house and when he finally catches her, he forces her to suck his d*ck. So there your sister or girlfriend is being forced to suck Ruben's d*ck. Now tell me, should he start or should we bring him off the bench.
    [​IMG]

------------------

10. enbehay

enbehay Member

Rocketsauce, please correct that to "should be start or come off the bench?"

------------------

11. Colby

Colby Member

No Rapist please! I know everyone deserves a second chance, but first he must admit he was wrong, which he hasn't done.

What happened to the good guys?

------------------
    "Chucky who? I thought we were talking about basketball?" Charles Barkley

12. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

The good guys are all around us. We just don't hear about them. They don't sell papers or make good headlines. Not too many good guy superstars are left. There's Duncan and Vince and Kobe. David Robinson has a bad rap for being too nice. Steve Francis is still on the rise in popularity. Shaq is a good guy, too. Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Steve Smith and Sam Cassell are good guys. (I guess there's alot of them actually.) Too bad Penny and Grant Hill are always injured and out of the game. Both are good guys, but you can't get no pub if you ain't playing.

Maybe if Steve or Cuttino would break a few laws then they would be more popular.

On the other hand you got:
    Rasheed Wallace - all-time T leader.
    Jason Williams - Head case
    Allen Iverson - Slowly realizing that being good isn't bad
    Shawn Kemp - Once a dominant force, now overweight, addicted to whatever, king of the illigitimate child makers
    Charles Oakley - thug, enforcer, debt collector
    Latrell Sprewell - good guy who had a bad day that will probably never be forgotten.
    Scottie Pippen - 'nuff said
    Jason Kidd - was thought of as a good guy until he beat his wife
    Vernon Maxwell - instead of being known for his clutch game-winning shots and awesome defense, he will always be know as the guys who went after a spectator about 10 rows up
    Derrick Coleman - Greatest underachiever of all time, attitude problem

Feel free to add more.....

------------------

13. verse

verse Contributing Member

ummmm, didn't penny hardaway brandish a firearm against his wife earlier this season???

not my idea of a "good guy".

14. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Sam Mack is out of Jail. He is a very nice person. I had the chance to meet him about 1 month ago at this private gym with some basketball players. He talked about how he is trying to get back to his form so he can return in the nba.

------------------
    "Break off the block like Maurice Green" --- Steve Francis

President of the Moochie Norris fan club.

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

He should get life in jail for rape, not 15 days.

------------------
    Houston Chronicle:
    He sat with his teammate and buddy Cuttino Mobley in Philly and they talked about how they had whipped the Sixers and Pacers by about 30 each this season.

"Smacked the ... out of them," he said. "We have the talent."