1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White will join team Monday 10/8/12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 4, 2012.

1. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

he must have started walking to McAllen last Friday. ;)

1 person likes this.
  2. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/10/06/royce-white-fear-of-flying-rockets.ap/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a4

Maybe I miss a game might turn into maybe I miss 20 games.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OK.... I'm thoroughly convinced that this guy has some deep rooted stuff going on. Really not interested in watching him dick around while people are trying to win.

5. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Uh... what the hell are you doing, Royce?

Nothing is worth someone's health? The dudes are out there busting their nuts chasing loose balls and scrapping for possessions. Our coach can't even walk correctly cause he gave it all for the game. How can you not be thankful to be playing a sport you hopefully love and getting paid mountains of money for it? Why wouldn't you try your best to make every game?

I just... I don't know what to say.

1 person likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The guy is multi talented... I am sure he can find a job besides basketball....
    I am not worried about him as a person but as a pro baller.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, he is multi talented indeed, but won't make the kind of money he will make playing ball. I like Royce. I think the Rockets are going out of they're way for the same reason. I also think that not flying with the team to all games would be defeating the purpose.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Missing training camp. Already mentally writing off games. Hmmm...I hate to write him off but this team needs players that bring it for the team. This guy has yet to play in an nba game and he's already the biggest team distraction since Tracy or Yao.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Every day Royce opens his mouth, he has fewer defenders on this board. I called it from day one. If the Rockets can't get out of his contract, they should put him on IR or ship him to D League.

And where's the accountability, Les?

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

If you didn't know any better, you would think White is a big attention-w****.

1 person likes this.
  11. Arthurprescott2

Sounds like he considers the NBA to be just a regular job. Let's see how that works for him when everybody else has a "basketball = life" mindset.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Is it possible that Royce would not have played ball at all had the Rockets not picked him? Can't afford your own bus being picked in the second round.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Not necessarily. He may not have fewer defenders but some of you people seem to take more joy in repeating your attacks on his character every day.

14. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

more basketball & less twitter will help. we'll see what Monday brings.

15. likestohypeguy

Especially now that he feels he has a little power after having a powerful organization accommodate his last minute whim, & from all the twitter tirades, you can tell he really thinks he's some kind of pioneer for everyone's rights out there with mental illness, & that they all have his back. Even if so, at some point they'll start realizing someone like this representing them only hurts their cause. And that's if he even makes it big in the NBA. Otherwise, hope you enjoyed what you did with your 15min.

Put me down as one rooting for a trade. I'm curious to see how many games he makes it to from Toronto, on a bus. Either way, keep this flake far away from the team by any means possible.

That bus will not be the end of it.

1 person likes this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The season hasn't even started yet so Les n Morey haven't had a chance at sending Royce to the Dleague or putting him on the IR. technically he hasn't even made the final 15 man roster yet.

Maybe we should give these guys a chance to see what they can do over the course of a year. 6 months in the valley might be the best cure a pro athlete with a mental disorder can have.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Probably been discussed... but can't they just sedate him and put him to sleep before flights? That way he won't even be conscious during flights. He'll just wake up and already be in NY or in Sacramento. No bus needed.

18. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Uhh, yeah. Let's compare guys chasing loose balls to another guy having a mental illness. Great idea.

I haven't had the time to read through any of these threads lately, but it seems some people don't get that you can't "just grow some balls" or "try your best" to overcome a mental illness as such.
    Also, while it may be a mental illness, anxiety disorder usually takes a physical toll on your body as well. In some cases it can be quite severe.

Trying his best or trying harder isn't going to help/work.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

there was already mention in one of these threads that d-league travel is much more brutal than nba travel.....instead of direct private jets, they fly commercial and have mulitiple stops and plane changes to get to those small town airports..

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Sure, but I imagine most, if not all of those meds have some sort of side-effects and they usually tend to make you sleepy and fatigued, which isn't exactly what you want your athlete to be.