1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jjc1

jjc1 Member

So the "support" White wants from the Rockets is to give him playing time. The Rockets don't want to do that without him earning it, and White claims this is effecting his "health". Man, this is getting ridiculous!

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

From Mark Berman's recent update:

[rquoter]According to sources, White's most recent problems with the team began last week when he told the club he was upset that he was not playing, and he said if he is not playing he is going to have anxiety and he is not going to show up.
    [/rquoter]

3. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="http://t.co/HUNfSh08" title="http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/lack-of-playing-time-one-of-issues-in-royce-white-conflict-with-rockets/">blog.chron.com/ultimaterocket…</a> Funny how there is SO much ppl seen to know, but the head honcho won't speak. Low Validity, I think is a understatement</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268752488537137152" data-datetime="2012-11-14T16:29:21+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Continued: Putting this off on Dr. Fink is not an acceptable responding course of action for me. I stand by asking for consistency.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268758542025125888" data-datetime="2012-11-14T16:53:24+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tweeting is a means of media, just like those who have provided misinformation about the situation... "We're the media now." <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23TwitterForGood">#TwitterForGood</a></p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/268764207812579328" data-datetime="2012-11-14T17:15:55+00:00">November 14, 2012</a></blockquote>

Can't believe he's still tweeting! there goes Royce's NBA career :(

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

The Rockets knew it was a gamble selecting White. White would have been drafted much sooner had it not been for his issues. The Rockets were willing to gamble with White probably because they had other first round picks, and because they thought Royce White could be the steal of the draft if everything worked out. It may turn out to be a wasted pick, but I think it was worth the gamble, and I'm not upset with the rockets for selecting White.

1 person likes this.
  5. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Read more: http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/2...royce-white-to-get-medical-help#ixzz2CE5YzRYo

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That is f***ing gold, Jerry. Gold.

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Okay, I've had it. Done with White. Eff him.

Completely done. His bus can crash for all I care. Except he's never going to get on the bus because he doesn't go to practices or games. I've seen too many people with strength of character despite their diseases and setbacks, even some at work, that have toughed through to have even a shred of sympathy for this whining self-entitled baby.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Hey Royce. You missed camp and haven't been at practices/games. Therefore you're not going to get to play.

[​IMG]

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

He's signed this year and next. The Rockets have a team option after next season.

I agree to keep fining him for now. If you release him now, he will be able to negotiate a buyout for 99% of what is owed to him for the next two seasons (up to 3.2 mil). If you release him now, he won, and gets to use Les' money to start his life in music, film, or whatever.

He made a commitment when he signed on the dotted line for a two year agreement, and the Rockets have the right to hold him hostage (contractually) to being on the team, or in the D-League. If he still keeps on Tweeting nonsense, you can always just keep on fining him, and recouping lost capital.

If they waive him any time in the next couple weeks its because Royce forces his way out, not the other way around.

1 person likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

When in doubt, blackmail your employer.

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

If this is true, then White has done a disservice to himself AND to everyone else who has anxiety disorder. I don't have it myself, nor do I know anyone who has it. But the next time I meet someone with the disease, I'll certainly be wondering if that person is using it as a crutch against all negative things in life.

Besides, if he wants to play basketball, wouldn't he welcome going to the Vipers? At least he gets to play and scrimmages with regularity there. I mean, he is getting paid the same amount regardless.

1 person likes this.
  13. liveguy

liveguy Member

This.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Are you serious? I feel like Im being RickRoyced.
    Why stop there Royce? why not just go ahead and ask to be a starter and have the team be built around you?

15. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

i don't know why people, including white, are calling this a disease, it's a disorder

16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

WTF?! I want some fellow clutchfans to try this method with your employer. "If I don't get a promotion, I'm going to have anxiety and not show up."

It's nice to know that Royce can predict when he will and will not have anxiety attacks.

17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Completely unreasonable on White's part, if this is true.

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Lol, if anything you get fired than faster than Bolt on a track.

19. TISNF

TISNF Member

LOL EXACTLY what I was going to write.

Royce says: "If I don't play, it's inconsistent. Therefore, I will have anxiety."

And Royce, what happens when you realize the stresses of playing the game at the highest level -- consistently -- are too much for you and will also contribute to anxiety?

Royce: "Ummm..."

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Imagine if this guy played for the Knicks and was doing this nonsense?