1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White skips game and practice (UPDATE: White issues statement)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Excellent post. He'd be giving better awareness to his anxiety if he were fighting through and being successful despite it; however he is using it as an excuse to not do what he is instructed to do by his bosses paying him millions of dollars.

2. GBRocket

GBRocket Contributing Member

Even the most accomplished posters have moments where they talk out of their buttocks.

3. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

You sure? Odds are he'll end up calling Betty White instead of Royce...

4. ApuN

ApuN Member

Dude you are really embarassing yourself

You should stop.

5. torocan

torocan Member

As opposed to Biology, Chemistry, Physiology and Microbiology which are foundational coursework for those interested in pursuing medicine related disciplines?

Really, just admit you were wrong or were making a joke.

Anything else and you're just exposing your deficit of information.

6. daernoth

daernoth Member

Royce doesn't seem to have the faintest understanding that an NBA career is a privilege not a right.

The Rockets went more than far enough with the whole bus thing. Right now all he is doing is backstabbing the people that were willing to take a chance on him.

1 person likes this.
  7. GBRocket

Okay, I admit to the heinous crime of making a joke. Please ban me for attempted use of humor with intent to amuse.

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Sounds like there's a budding conservative mind being fed by that liberal heart. :)

Just having a bit of fun with you. Not trying to derail into the political sphere.

9. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Both Royce White and the Organization need to just remove themselves from the public eye and handle this internally. They need to make a deal with White, to keep this issue internally, while they come up with a solution to help both parties.

10. daernoth

daernoth Member

Even if White agreed to that, I don't think he would be able to keep the agreement. He is too impulsive.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol don't know if you're joking or not. Funny either way

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm not sure if anything short of giving him significant, unearned court time is going to extinguish the flames.

13. GBRocket

Thanks for the counseling Apun. Don't tell me you also have a background in cake baking, washing clothes and grass mowing too!

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not joking.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2009/12/royce_white_quits_golden_gophe.html

Royce White quits Golden Gophers basketball via YouTube

Royce White came to Tubby Smith's Golden Gophers squad as one of the most highly-touted recruits in the country at forward. He leaves it with nothing more than the hope of having the highest amount of pageviews for his video resignation.

White says he's leaving the Minnesota basketball team because of his legal troubles and the stress they are causing his family and the program.

White has been a suspension machine since heading to the University of Minnesota. First losing time - and doing time - for a theft and assault on a Mall of America security guard incident, and most recently for a dustup over accusations involving a stolen laptop on campus.

Seems that White has had enough, as he discusses in his video, and is leaving the team to concentrate on getting his life in order. Nobody can deny him that worthy goal, but the self broadcast is a little odd. Hopefully it all works out in the end.

Minnesota athletics director Joel Maturi said that White hasn't informed anyone in his department about a decision.

White is currently indefinitely suspended from the team

15. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

God, what a nightmare. How can the team work their way back from this? Would they accept Royce after his public drama? It's so disloyal.

16. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

One commenter on the Yahoo article said it best: he needs to quit his job, go home and just start collecting welfare checks.

This is not about anxiety. Royce willingly made a choice to enter the NBA, collect a million dollar paycheck and then use his employers as a soapbox for attention with no intention of giving them an honest return. He thinks he is still entitled to be pampered and babied around like he was in Iowa State, and given special consideration with no regard to what he has earned. He personally made a choice to skip the first week of training camp, but still thinks he deserves to play in NBA games, even though most rookies in the Rockets system ultimately end up in RGV for a stint.

He has no intention of being part of a team that wins games. Royce only cares about one person: himself. All he cares about is making as much noise as he can in the name of "advocacy" (i.e. attention whoring). If I were the Rockets, I would continue to fine him heavily for every team rule he breaks until his salary is wiped out, refuse to release him, and deny him minutes for as long as it takes. I would also put him on permanent ignore. At some point the world will tune him out, and he'll be left crying to himself.

1 person likes this.
  17. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yes, but they eventually stop. With you, we're still waiting.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dear Royce,

You claim to fight for awareness, job well done. I am now more aware that crazy people can be even crazier than I originally thought.

p.s. You're using the crazy (anxiety) card when you shouldn't and the folks with real disorders should hate you for it.

19. Akim523

Akim523 Member

They knew

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

if white's anxiety is really this bad, then he should choose another career.