1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White ready to make NBA debut with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tim777dawg, Mar 21, 2014.

1. DarkRock

DarkRock Rookie

All his "principles" towards mental illness suddenly disappeared when he is out of a job and desperate for work?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What's different about Royce White is he used his mental issues as a prop and totally discredited himself to anyone objective. If you want to use his diagnosed illness as a brush to wash away his severe character issues, that's your choice. Many (probably most) of us choose not to.

You've already "judged" him as much as anyone else by forming an opinion. Like some, you use the "don't judge him" blather to shield him from criticism. Forget it. An opinion is a judgement, whether positive or negative. Toss that argument in the can where it belongs.

There are a LOT people whose shoes I couldn't fathom walking in. I'd hate to be the shoes of someone who's thrown a landmine on the road to the general public's understanding of mental illness.

1 person likes this.
  3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And any competent psychologist would have realized that that was likely. And if you do not believe Morey employees such professionals ... I will admit that I have been more touched than most by mental illness in the family. My brother, my daughter (and I went into some detail about that in the McHale's daughter's death thread). A sane person cannot understand these people. They do not choose insanity, it chooses them. It is like cancer or something. And who derides cancer patients? It is sort of like walking around town making fun of Down's Syndrome patients. Yeah, that bad.

4. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Obviously compassion is not in your dictionary.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Nope... He has habitually been out of shape and has not made basketball a priority. He is fortunate to already have made 2.6 million. I root for players like Lin and Beverley that scratch and claw and give it their all.... Not fat, bloated, baby machines that have no respect for hard work... Royce is the worst kind... At least Antoine Walker loved basketball... Royce loves himself and salad tossing... I hope he fails.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You seriously have no clue. I suggest you never ever call anyone else judgmental unless you admit to the hypocrisy.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

What is mental illness? According to the most recent research it is the result of genetics and epigenetics. It is in the DNA. No one chooses to go through life bedeviled by demons. Paranoia, fear and depression are not chosen. Why would anyone choose to be miserable? Or fearful? Or to lapse into paranoia? White has a serious medical condition. It was well known. Let it go people, let it go.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

What? I choose not to judge White because I have no idea about what is going on in his head. I do not blame him for a wasted Rockets #16 pick. Morey does his homework. Is it White's fault or a misjudged risk/reward assessment by Morey's team? I vote the latter.

9. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

This is why I hate Royce.

And I hope the very worst for this career. Dude's a piece of ****.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Royce White is a narcissistic, irresponsible human of little worth. From theft at Minnesota (which he blamed on his "illness"), to lying in the pre-draft, to disappearing in preseason, to impregnating multiple women and begging them to abort, to not staying in shape ... He is a parasite.

It isn't coincidence that he now suddenly wants to play again, he needs money and is too lazy to work at Chipotle.. So now miraculously his problems "worked themselves out"? LMFAO... Right.

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

"deleted". Am I talking about you or Royce White?

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are seriously a trip. LOL! I blame Morey for the draft pick. I blame Royce White for his behavior.

"I vote the latter". Oh brother.

Come down from the high horse.

For the record: I have two family members battling mental illness. I've also worked with someone in the same boat.

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If you actually have two family members suffering from mental illness you obviously know that they may not seem rational to us "sane" people. They make life choices detrimental to their well being. They may be manipulative, dishonest and irrational at times. That does not mean they are not sick. That does not mean that they should incur our wrath. Or our scorn. How many times do you check your daughter into a psych ward before you realize that she is mentally sick? Not many.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I don't even know the point jtr is trying to make. It seems like this is hitting a bit too close to home for you. The discussion is about Royce White, not your family situation.

You can't just draw parallels to that and expect anyone to take your opinion as unbiased. You're "judging" just as much as the next guy, just in the opposite way of those you seem to be ridiculing.

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

I seriously doubt you have two family members battling mental illness. At least any serious variety. You do not have the bearing of someone who has had to deal with such tragedy. You show no understanding of the symptomatic behavior of those individuals. You shed scorn and blame on people who perhaps do not have any anchor into what you and I call reality. You seem to not understand that a sick person can choose to throw their life away and feel fully justified about it. You possibly are a liar and you certainly have no empathy.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I am a liar? Guy, you need to get a grip and pull yourself together.

Oh, and again, don't EVER call anyone else judgmental.

So long.

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The points are really really close together. Do you not have the intelligence to draw that short line between them?

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Yeah well that ends this discussion. Which was my purpose all along.

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Nothing to see here guys other than the usual nonsense from jtr.

1 person likes this.
  20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Well, I never expected you here. Would you like to join in with your proverbial wit and insight? Or would you just be in way over your head?