1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White ready to make NBA debut with Kings

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tim777dawg, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I hope he fails miserably so his spot on the team goes to someone that plays hard and acts like a professional.

2. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

He looks really out of shape though.

#BeSwell

1 person likes this.
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Meh, who cares? Just glad he's somebody else's problem! #BEWELL SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Haven't followed him after he got traded. Key question is how many more baby mama did he get?

5. delta69er

delta69er Member

Psychiatry generates narcissism the same way sex generates babies lol.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Unless I am mistaken his first 2 years were guaranteed. For a grand total of about $2.6M. More money than most will make in a lifetime. I doubt that money is his prime motivator at this point in life.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Jesus. Such hate. The Rockets drafted him knowing full well that he was damaged goods. Consider my advice to never wish anyone ill will.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't like how he approaches things but I hope a light goes off in his head and he makes use of his many talents.

It isn't too late for him!

9. Honeybager81

Honeybager81 Member

I really hope he will do well. I think his behaviors are more or less related to his mental healthy. I hope he can overcome obstacles and succeed in the nba and set a positive example for people who suffers from mental health issues.

10. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

He made us waste one whole season on his a$$ for nothing. What a waste of time and draft picks including the one we gave up to get rid of him, smh.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Obviously, this happened to White, and looking at his options suddenly his "anxiety" is not such a big issue.

Total scam artist.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He got what he wanted...to get guaranteed minutes on a team. That team is tanking tho so....

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

He was drafted much too high as I predicted and the people comparing him to any fraction to LeBron or Charles Barkley ... too funny.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

“I think (the issues) kind of resolved themselves over time”
    ______

It's a miracle.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I hate to sound selfish, but I hope he is unsuccessful and pushed out the nba and have to work a 9-5 live the average person, I don't think he deserve those nba checks with the way he handled the Houston situation.. I see him getting a few good check from Sac and start acting up again..

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dumb take because there is no doubt he has the tools but it's the brain that's ****ed up.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You are guessing just like everyone else. If he's as big of an idiot and jerk as he seems, there is a very good chance money is a motivator. There is no reason to think he has managed things well or has an alternative way to earn income.

Plenty of athletes have blown a lot more than $2.6 million.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Absolutely true. But the $1.7M after tax can allow one to live comfortably for the rest of their life. Especially when a pension or two is involved. Trust me on this.

19. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Progression is better than nothing. Hope he turns it around.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't need to trust you on anything. I'm looking at history, specially young professional athletes blowing money shortly after making it. My personal guess is Royce White is closer to living in the street than he is being set for life. I also believe if money wasn't an issue, he wouldn't even try to make an NBA team. He is more professional con artist than basketball player. Basketball is a con for him instead of something he truly loves.