1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White out with "personal matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Rockets clearly unhappy with rookie Royce White’s absence from camp

2. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Rebuilding is hard. bring a true professional like scola back

3. amaru

amaru Member

The Rockets took a chance on Royce knowing the risks.....its up to them to get him the help he needs if they want to give him a chance to pan out.

4. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Sounds like the Rockets are not going to much of this crap so White better get his act together soon or else I'll foresee him being inactive and DNP CD a lot. Just a question, if a player for whatever reason misses x amount of games, practices and camp, can they void his contract or something or this just a risk they're taking?

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Scola is off to the next 9th seed this season. No need for him here.

6. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Wish White luck.

But somebody dropped the ball if this is happening now.

7. Know Your Role

When these excuses start they just don't end, I hope that Royce gets it together quick. It's hard to keep a job when you can't show up the first day/week/month. At least Marcus "Chuck" Morris is glad he won't have to compete with Royce for SF for the time being.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he wouldn't know because he's not a real Rockets fan. I doubt he knows who Calvin Murphy is.

#108 tinman, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  9. munco

munco Member

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If someone got sick with the flu, or had an accident, or a death in the family, no one would question his absence and it would be excused.

This kid is having an episode related to a pre-existing condition that was fully known to his employer.

I say give him a break and get him the best treatment money can buy to get him back in camp asap. His talent is worth the patience.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yep. They should have dealt with this much sooner. Somebody messed up and the brass aren't happy.

12. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

Neither White, Lin, Asik or other rookies , except D-MO, can be traded before mid january.

13. tofu--

tofu-- Member

You mean scary snakes and poisonous Meixcans.

14. macho87

macho87 Member

That's how I feel. How can the rox org get all upset when they drafted this guy knowing these episodes were a possibility.

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

not sure what you meant to quote, me or someone else. if you meant to quote my other post, it was a joke.

but you can trade rookies, btw.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anxiety is a bear of an issue to deal with because for the most part, it is really, really unpredictable. My mom suffers from it, and it's an absolute bear. It can be triggered from something as major as a death in the family to something as trivial as not knowing what to eat for lunch, but once it starts, there is no stemming that tide. It becomes so overwhelming because the physical toll it takes on the person is incredibly noticeable. High blood pressure, hair loss, weight loss, lack of sleep, extreme tension, hyperactivity, and lack of focus ALL occur.....sometimes at the same time. I hope Royce and his doctor can find some kind of regiment or balance so that he can overcome this, but I can only imagination what kind of stress it puts on someone who is trying to become a professional basketball player.

17. Prince

Prince Member

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah but he said there is no anxiety right now. He is worried that it might come in the future.

Sounds like he has anxiety about having anxiety.

19. King Boo

King Boo Member

This thread gives me anxiety. Do you think my boss will excuse me from work this week?

20. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets dropped the ball. They should have seen this coming.