1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White out with "personal matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

^^^^^ I guess its not that tricky for doctors to treat but lets hope Royce gets the treatment he needs. I'd love to see this guy pull it together and be a successful Houston Rocket for years to come.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i hope White conquers what ails him but he has to survive the typical rookie camp. changing training camp, which prepares him for actual games, & McHale isn't a feasible approach.

the Rocketc won't be able to change crowds, referees, opposing players etc once the real thing starts.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The RGV has many poisonous snakes and scary Mexicans. I would also have an anxiety attack over going there.

1 person likes this.
  4. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Carl that's no way to talk about your Latino brethren.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

On the trading block!

6. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

#1 pick here we come:grin:

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

So....Royce actually has anxiety today about anxiety that he may have in the future? But his current "worry" is not actual anxiety in the present, but is rather induced by the potential of having anxiety in the future. Thus he is actually nervous (in the present) about being nervous in the future. I dunno, but sounds like its anxiety issues. Today.

1 person likes this.
  8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

add a couple mid rounders and trade him for Anthony Davis

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

well yep, he doesn't seem to be thinking straight atm

10. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

This guy gets it. [​IMG]

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

The irony is by not showing up to McAllen, Royce White is probably going to be spending a lot more time in McAllen.

1 person likes this.
  12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope he doesn't turn out like eg. Fixing the head is usually very hard.

13. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

He needs to smoke more weed

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

EG was a decent shooter/defender/rebounder who actually had a couple productive years in the league. this scrub was scared to take wide open 10ft J's in summer league games.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If his reason is GAD...man...this is gonna be a very long season for him...and might be in the dog house before he even steps on the court...I am sure there has to be one psychiatrist that is willing to assist him here in the Houston area?

16. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Way too many PFs on this team to start out like this. Unless he just beasts it when he does show up, Royce "DNP-CD" White should have no worries about how he performs in an NBA game because Mchale's anxiety level will cause him to just move on.

Not saying it's a wasted pick yet, but if this continues past a week, then I doubt he's got the beast in him to come out of the hole he'll find himself in.

17. AirSwish

AirSwish Member

I think they call them "Chupacabra". It sounds to me that Royce has a Pre Anxiety attack, sleepless nights worrying about the next attack.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this guy can't afford to miss even one day of practice. this is bad. I'm not gonna overreact or anything, but Royce, the org., and his "doctors" are gonna have to figure this out quickly if he doesn't want to spend the year in the D-league ...or worse. I really hope all parties do the tough work of finding a "compromise" that works for everyone. What that means i have no idea.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I said 5 panic attacks this season. This one came a lot sooner and under less pressure than I expected; I may have to up my number...

20. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

prayers go out to White and his family