1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White out with "personal matter"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 2, 2012.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

WAY too early to start saying stuff like this.

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am not jumping to any conclusions. People with anxiety don't want there illness to define them. If he didn't have anxiety people would think it was a family issue or something like that. But because he has anxiety everyone assumes his absence has to do with his anxiety. Not particularly fair.

1 person likes this.
  3. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

its ok, even a veteran like Delfino is with anxiety, because that visa issues don't convince me .... but is ok, we are at beginning.

4. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

I would be absolutely shocked if this were his anxiety. Given how far it seems he has come in his treatment, it's unlikely he needed to block out a week of time due to anxiety. This combined with the fact that (on the surface) there are no identifiable stressors, I would say this is almost certainly something else, possibly family related unfortunately. Hope everyone is okay :(

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the part about not knowing when he will join the team is the most disturbing aspect.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rquoter]The Rockets announced that rookie forward Royce White is not with the club in McAllen for training camp because of "personal matters."

White also did not attend the club's media day on Monday for the same reasons.

He told FOX 26 Sports the personal matters are related to the fact that he suffers from anxiety issues.

"We are trying to figure out a plan for me to be healthy and successful long-term," White said. "It's not really anything that's going on right now. It's more of trying to take a pro-active approach and trying to put together a solid plan.

"It is definitely linked with my anxiety sure, but it's not so much as far as my anxiety now. Basically what happened was my doctor, we discussed it, and it was decided the way the plan was now just wasn't logistically healthy.

"So what can we do strategically to try and improve the chances of everybody being successful in this situation, my success and the Rockets success? If I fail then that's not good for them either, because it's an investment."

White said he did not know how long it take before he rejoined the team.

The Rockets said they would not comment further on White's situation.

The Rockets drafted White out of Iowa State with the 16th pick in the first round of the 2012 NBA Draft.[/rquoter]

7. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Damn you McHale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what a ****ing waste of a draft pick.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No! Nooooo! No! Please no!:rolleyes::(:rolleyes:

10. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

11. Arthurprescott2

In retrospect... Tyler Zeller would have been a good grab... sigh. I hope Royce the best and hope he comes back soon...

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That doesn't make sense...if his anxiety isn't an issue now, he should be in training camp. They can't talk to him from there?

This isn't good news, if it's an issue on day 1. This should have been addressed earlier.

13. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Oh wow! Just curious, was his anxiety issue known before the draft?

Also, he did fine in summer league, curious what has triggered it now. Wish him well.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That is one of the more obtuse statements I've seen in a while.

15. jocar

jocar Member

Could be anything, lets not
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I would have liked Zeller with that pick, but I am interested in seeing the development of Royce. I wish him the best, and other posters that are quick to bash him need to relax. He was most likely going to start the season on the bench or in RGV anyways. I hope he gets his mind right and stays in shape while he's out.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Call me back when he misses games. Not worried about him missing a couple of days of Camp.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hoiberrrrrg!!!!:mad::mad:

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

It isn't a big deal imo. Looks like a pre-cautionary measure. Rather deal with this now & get it over with as opposed to it flaring up during the season & him missing games. I am not concerned.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

the guy's been very forthcoming about the issue, so i'd give him the benefit of the doubt. would be out of character to just vanish if that was the reason. likely a family matter.