1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Royce White leaving RGV to go back to Houston, but not to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets0515, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Uh, well, you know...

2. Metta

Metta Member

Everyone should move on from this asterisk in Rox history. Yeah, he was a waste of a draft pick, but realistically the 16th pick panning out in this league happens about 0.3 percent of the time. Meanwhile we have a badass young playoff team out there with lots of cap space come summer time. Royce White is merely an ink stain in the annual of Houston Rox history. And he's also a douche bag.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at this dude.

[​IMG]

I mean I just look at that picture and laugh.

4. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

Hahaha yes he does look ridiculous... and where the hell is he?

5. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

lawl. what a waste of talent/ space/ and pick...

6. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. koopa

koopa Member

It's obvious he should embrace his homosexual community more in order to get more recognition. The mental community apparently don't support him much nor do they want to because even for them he's too much of a drama queen and a bad representation for them.

8. koopa

koopa Member

Does this prick realize how many millions of people would love to be in his position of being in the nba? Be a primadona on the court..not outside of it.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sweet Lou is just looking for attention and therefore posting stupid stuff. We have seen it before. Like...in every single one of his other posts.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Ever wonder what a chronic victim mindset would look like in an NBA player? Well, here we have it.

Not pretty, is it?

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I didn't really like the pick... ClutchFans convinced me otherwise... then it turned out I was right the first time. I wanted T-Rob, so I'm glad we eventually got him.

12. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Time to let R.White deal with his issue himself, not with the Houston Rockets. He started 33 out of 34 games last season, his college played a total of 34 games, yet this year with the Rockets organization he has only played no more than 10 games. I'm no expert at his illness, but people going to college and playing sports is harder than playing professional sports. I do not blame Morey for making this pick since White's college coach (former NBA player) recommended him. This is a pick where the guy put his medical condition before his playing skills, if acted like this in college- Morey would never use pick him. The biggest failure of Morey is picking D.Fisher because I hate this player, I will never forget what he did to Scola.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

If his "mental" issues are truly a real problem then he should have never signed his contract without making sure all of his needs were addressed in the contract. He signed the contract and then started his Twitter / media campaign all while not showing up to team events / practices / games. He did not agree to go to the d-league until he was suspended. When he signed his name to his contract, he agreed to play for the Rockets for a salary. He is now in breech of his contract again. I sincerely hope he gets suspended without pay again because that is the only thing that seems to get his attention.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What a bum. I cannot wait until we cut his fat arse.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Exactly

16. basketballholic

I'm sorry but if I were Darryl the Rox organization, I wouldn't even call the guy. No contact whatsoever. If he called in, I'd wouldn't answer his calls. I'd send him to ticket voice mail. Just let him sit there and put the onus on him to have to come down to TC and talk to them. And if he does the only thing I'd say is "You've been assigned to RGV."

I'd contact the league and make sure everything was buttoned down to suspend him unpaid. Then suspend him and not have any contact with him.

If him and his team decided to come in and try to work things out, no talking about it, "You've been assigned to RGV.". If he showed up at RGV, then take him off suspension but still no talking from the front office. Let him ride the pine in RGV next season for a couple months and see how he responds in practices, etc. No preseason with the Rox, no time in Houston. He's in RGV until further notice. After he sits his fat hiney in RGV for a couple months and keeps his trap shut, then I'd give the okay for the coaches to play him IF THEY CHOSE TO. Then let it play out from there.

But the whole key is to cut off communication with him. He has used and abused his privileges with the Rockets. He's walked off the job multiple times now with no notice without permission. Just walked off and started spewing in the media. Royce has NO RESPECT for the NBA or the Rockets. The Rockets and the NBA should recognize this fact and deal with it as such. It might just be the best therapy for his illness he's ever experienced.

Let him rot. Let him rot. Let him rot.

1 person likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

All excellent questions. Personally, I think his future may be in cable television as a talk show host.

18. the shark

the shark Member

I really think White's claims of wanting to help bring attention to mental health in professional sports is a bunch of BS!!!!!

He's shown that he's ALL about Royce White and Royce White only.

"Professional". He has NO idea what this word means.

The sad thing is, he's done the complete opposite for this cause (mental health issues in professional sports). When other organizations look at what the Rockets have had to deal with in regards to Royce White, I would say most of them aren't going to want to deal with it.

So Royce hasn't broken down some of the doors. In fact he hasn't broken down any of the doors. He's pretty much made it impossible for future athletes dealing with mental health issues to even be given an opportunity in professional sports.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I can certainly see that as a possibility, though not knowing for sure I won't assume it to be a fact. It is the same theory I had when I first heard the story though.

It is odd that if the Rockets or Vipers doctor was telling Royce that the best way to treat his problem was to go back to Houston, then why is their only official comment that he is still on the Vipers roster?

I can easily picture Royce asking the doctor if he thinks living out of his house in Houston instead of a hotel would give him a more stable and consistent environment that would reduce his anxiety. The doctor says yes, and Royce runs with it, ignoring the likely follow up advice that he needs to work on situations that make him uncomfortable if he wants to improve his ability to deal with them. Or any other advice that followed the "yes" that he was looking to hear.

It's like someone doing physical therapy telling the doctor that the process is painful, the doctor agreeing that the process can be painful, and if a particular exercise is causing too much pain then you may have to stop, but some discomfort is expected. Then the patient twisting that into "the doctor said that I don't have to do physical therapy if it is too painful, so I'm not going any more".

I think most fans would be alot more sympathetic if Royce had something like this:

"I'm sorry to all my fans, but the anxiety issues are causing me more problems than I anticipated and I am going to continue working with personal and team doctors to address them and focus on that rather than basketball at this time."

Instead we don't really ever hear anything about Royce working on dealing with his problem better, but rather it's all about how the Rockets aren't accommodating his problem. Yet he can't tell us exactly what it is that the Rocket's aren't giving him either. At the very least he needs to hire a PR spokesman, or just handle the whole thing in private.

1 person likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This has been mentioned before by others, but I can't help but think it's true. What GM in their right mind would take a chance now on a player with a mental disability, when the first thing that's going to pop into their heads is, "What about Royce White? Daryl Morey is brilliant, but he screwed the pooch on that one. Let's pass. Who's next on the board?" You know that's going to happen. So yeah, Royce White has done no favors for future basketball players with mental issues. He's done the opposite. He's erected a giant barrier to them making it to the NBA.

The other damning act of White, in my opinion, is how he's not kept himself in shape. That truly astonished me. I expected that he'd be smart enough to show up cut, in tremendous shape, so he could honestly say, "See? I'm ready. I can go out on the court today and rock their world. Just do what I need to accomodate my illness, and you're going to be blown away by my play on the court. I could play tomorrow. Hell, just look at me." So the dude rips off his shirt, ala Superman, and looks like James in Miami. Instead? He rips off his shirt and shows his love handles. What a goofus. A chump deluxe. He could have been a contender! (insert '50's era image of Marlon Brando, pre-fat) I know people with mental issues, and I have a hell of a lot more respect for them and their struggle than I'll ever have for Mr. White.