1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White leaving RGV to go back to Houston, but not to play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets0515, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Have been advised by our team physician it is most logical I be in Houston the remainder of the season.Thank you @<a href="https://twitter.com/rgvvipers">rgvvipers</a> for having me.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/314733488819539968">March 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Never said I'd be rejoining the @<a href="https://twitter.com/houstonrockets">houstonrockets</a>... only that I'd be returning to Houston. Again, thank you @<a href="https://twitter.com/rgvvipers">rgvvipers</a> for having me.</p>&mdash; Royce White (@Highway_30) <a href="https://twitter.com/Highway_30/status/314737127759962112">March 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Drawkwa22

Drawkwa22 Member

you just beat me to it. this guy is out of his mind.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Funny thing is, he was only a week or so away from being brought back anyways due to the end of the RGV season. Not that he would have actually played or even suited up, but this latest episode is just completely unnecessary. Him making the announcement especially concludes that this is just an attention getter from an attention w****.... oh, and you can pretty much end any debate that he will be a Rockets next year.

I would assume that the Rockets let him go do whatever for the remainder of this season(to stay away from a team in the playoff hunt for distractions), and give him a Summer League/training camp invite. Then at the end of training camp, if he's anything short of Lebron James I assume he gets waived at the end of pre-season.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The team physician probably advised him that it would be better for the mental and emotional health of everyone with the Vipers if the cancerous, ass-licking-begging fraud named Royce White would be moved as far away from the team as possible.

2 people like this.
  5. Anxiety Trooper

Do not be alarm

1 person likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

BEST CASE:
    He goes to Europe and is able to play at a high level, travel via bus and becomes a star where is lack of explosiveness will be less of an issue and his passing ability is maximized. He is talented enough to get by over seas if he doesnt unibomber.

WORST CASE:
    He gets shanked in a Whataburger bathroom from one of his baby mama's.

MOST LIKELY:
    He is released/traded by the Rockets this off season.

He assumes that he can stay out of shape and hook on with another NBA team. He gets a try out and is ran off the court.

He is constantly sued for backed child support. A warrant is issued for his arrest and he spends time behind bars.

He then files suit against the NBA and Rockets where he represents himself because he cannot afford an attorney.

He does not work because he is convinced that he has anxiety issues that render him disabled. He repeatedly files for disability from the federal government and relies on his "doctor". Eventually he no longer can pay his "doctor" and she stops seeing him.

He lives on the edges of society, reaches nearly 500 lbs and begins to slowly lose his mind. He dies at 50 years old and there is a small mention in the Houston Press that a former Rocket draft pick died in poverty.

2 people like this.
  7. Anxiety Trooper

Lol that would be sad obituary but its not that far fetched for this dude.

8. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Royce White leaving RGC to go back to Houston but...

Royce White ‏@Highway_30 1h

Have been advised by our team physician it is most logical I be in Houston the remainder of the season. Thank you @rgvvipers for having me.

--------------

Royce White ‏@Highway_30 1h

Never said I'd be rejoining the @HoustonRockets... only that I'd be returning to Houston. Again, thank you @rgvvipers for having me.

Sorry I dont know how to embed tweets.

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

What the hell

10. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

lol... what kind of logic is that?

SMH :rolleyes:

11. SexyButIgnorant

Hahahahah, this guy is a joke!!! I don't know if Houston is paying him or RGV, but whoever the hell is employing this guy is getting robbed.

12. instar

instar Member

oh well, at least he tried...or did he?

13. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

hmmm...so is he:

1) in need of psychological help?
    2) injured?
    3) didn't get along with the Vipers?
    4) Left the team on his own accord?
    5) called up by the Rockets (not happening)

14. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

He must have some new baby momma drama in RGV :grin:

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Can we just keep all the Royce White updates in the RGV forum?

16. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

He likes to have his ACE licked

17. freeze00up

freeze00up Member

Not sure exactly what this means, but if Royce is actually following the team physician's recommendations that in itself is a good sign.

18. PeppermintCandy

Such a surreal situation.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Is the team physician our guy or is it the one Royce wanted the Rockets to hire?