1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White hope in Houston long term?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, May 5, 2013.

1. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Cut his b**** ass..Dude needs to grow the f#*$ up...

2. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

He was working on the Spin City at the time, and basically, the meds slowly started to not work as his disease progressed. So, whenever he had shaking episodes he would just stay in his trailer or the bathroom or whatever for long periods of time, or he'd show up to readings late or change the schedule last-minute, and everyone just assumed he was being a prima donna. What was really happening was that he was waiting out the episodes so that he could hide the symptoms from the cast and crew.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

He's just starting up his contract year talk early. Regardless of what he does, do you really think the Rockets trust him enough to pick up his option?

4. jocar

jocar Member

What a waste of talent. Yes, he had some.

5. CP30

CP30 Member

One thing I've always felt prideful about is my favorite teams usually have a great group of guys.

I don't know Royce White personally, and I know from second hand experience that anxiety is no joke, but from everything I've read I just don't really want him on our team. I don't think we need someone who thinks he alone is bigger than the game or even the team.

I wish him the best but I hope we trade him.

6. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I'm sure this has been answered before but can't be bothered to look for it.
    If we agree to a buy out with Royce does he still count against the salary cap?

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

This scumbag trying to jump back up on the rockets bandwagon after seeing how well we did this season... Forget about it Royce, unless u become a Lebron lite ur chances of playing for the Rockets are done.

8. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

- Daryl Morey

9. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I don't know if any team would accept this trade, but I think it's a fair trade. I just want a year long supply of refreshments for the Rockets and maybe throw in some new towels in return for Royce.

10. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....No vote of confidence from Morey this morning on 610 Radio. Acted like Royce White talk was radioactive

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Morey clearly respects Royce as a human being. Not once has he called him an asset.

1 person likes this.
  12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

We need to trade the Winnebago Man to Toronto for a second rounder. From Toronto, the Boston Celtics are the closest NBA team. Let him know what its like to be really bus-ted.

13. basketballholic

I'm hoping we trade him and $2 million cash for nothing on draft night just to get him out of here.

14. Pringles

Pringles Member

That would be the best case scenario. :eek:

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think the biggest reason not to cut him is that it sets a terrible precedent of giving an entitled brat exactly what he wants.

Remember, all this drama was a footnote over the summer. He played through it at Iowa State just fine, reported to summer league and played reasonably well, and signed his contract. He started acting up was when training camp rolled around and it became obvious he wasn't going to be given playing time just because he was a first-round pick. Having always been a star, he couldn't handle it and thought he could whine, b**** and pout his way onto another team where he would have a better opportunity.

Somewhere along the way, his stubbornness drove him to the #BeWell campaign nonsense, which he adopted as his "cause" or whatever. But where it started was his selfish desire not to have to work for playing time. As such, it sets a bad precedent if the Rockets just give in -- it would basically be saying to future players that if you don't like your role here, you can b**** your way out of town, contract be damned.

Because of that, the Rockets need to keep Royce until there's some benefit to us -- i.e. at a minimum, his cap hit comes off the books. To cut him now and keep paying him... that's giving him exactly what he wants. Can't do that. I hope we can trade him, but cutting isn't an option.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Royce doesn't even know we are the Rockets?...:p

17. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Would trade him for a sack of potatoes. Don't need this diva or his drama. He is a scrub.

18. SeabrookMiglla

man i really tried to believe in royce, and sympathize with his condition. but condition or no condition, this guy has shown no signs of being committed to the game. so much potential gone to waste, the guy could be making millions in the near future but isnt taking advantage. if you have the opportunity to play in the NBA then you take it, regardless if you like basketball. do it for the money. but i guess he is an idealist and doesnt think the money matters, but if he goes broke then he will really be missing the opportunities he once had. the economy is rough, and you aint going nowhere playing guitar

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Is Morey the type of GM to let a **** stain stay on his window? I see White getting cut as soon as legally possible.

20. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

well he can flip burgers in any random local restaruant for long term obviously.

I like his game, but he's got to do a looooot to have anyone even mildly trust him again.