1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White hope in Houston long term?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kastuul, May 5, 2013.

1. WAYFARER713

WAYFARER713 Member

Royce put zero effort in trying to play...I say cut his ass

2. cml750

cml750 Member

Given his short history, it seems very unlikely Royce will ever see the court in Rocket red. That could change if he would just shut his mouth and go to work. I have not seen anything from him suggesting he will ever shut up and work.

3. 95Rockets

95Rockets Member

All of this talent and it's too bad somehow he couldn't make it this season.

Please Royce make an effort. I have been supporting you and your cause (personally because I suffer from anxiety problems myself).

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm sure the Thunder are thanking God that Royce White wasn't playing. :rolleyes:

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>179 days, 22 hours and 16 minutes until the Rockets decline the team option in Royce White's contract.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans.net (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/330450427382472704">May 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. amak316

amak316 Member

My Prediction: On his way to his first game he decides to suit up for the Vipers (actually their 12th game) Royce's RV is struck in the parking lot of McDonalds. Though the accident only occurs at 8 mph and no one is hurt Royce is struck with crippling fear. He is unable to get back in the RV and try as he might he cant figure out a way to #BeWell.

He tries for weeks to convince the team to provide a rickshaw service to and from away games to no avail. Desperate and on the edge of being cut for quitting on his team for the 3rd time, with another 12 kids on the way, Royce needs to figure out a way to keep getting his pay checks. He decides to start Jogging to games ala Forrest Gump. He loses his 140lbs of excess weight, gets a six pack and quickly becomes a double double machine in the NBA. Morey parlays a few weeks of Royce success into a trade for a 1st round pick with one of the dumber NBA teams that Morey loves to steal from (Knicks, Kings, Thunder) and the Rockets fans live happily ever after.

1 person likes this.
  7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Haha love it, although you can't call Thunder a dumb organisation.. They have done very well scouting players

8. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

So anyone knows why he didn't play in the d-league playoffs?

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

This guy is just trolling at this point lol.

10. amak316

amak316 Member

They traded Harden instead of amnestying Perkins. They get the nod until they prove they can do something other than take the obvious choice with a top 5 pick.

11. aziankingz

aziankingz Member

Waive his ass already, no NBA team with common sense would take this fool. He didnt even do that great in the d-league.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

In all honesty, i think he was 90% certain he was going to be meeting Dwight in the conference finals.

13. amak316

amak316 Member

Fair enough, and I totally understand where his head was at, but I don't think a top tier gm would make a big decision to trade away a top 15 player who is 3 years from his prime in favor of keeping around a player who is fringe top 200 player past his prime because he marginally improves your chances in one series that may or may not ever happen. Seems more like a decision an emotional fan would make.

14. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

He had his chance.

15. hlcc

hlcc Member

this bum is more worried if he can still collect a pay check next year, because no NBA team will dare to have him on their team

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

The thing is... he's not even the best basketball musician. Dude sucks at playing/creating music.

17. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Would love you.....somewhere else, Royce.

18. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Royce White may be our most talented player besides Harden. I'm hoping he can come around and play for us but it's all in Royce's hands.

19. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Morey likes it. It only takes one or few games to change the whole perception according to history of fan reactions on the forum. It's up to him.

20. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

Hopefully we can include Royce as a filler for salary matching into any trades we make this summer and we can finally get rid of him instead of having to wait an extra year.