1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White cursed out a Houston Rockets team official last year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Captain Hook, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Its not anxiety....This dude is just crazy!

http://www.tmz.com/2013/10/28/houston-rockets-royce-white-was-a-disrespectful-abusive-jerk/

Many around NBA circles are probably wondering what caused the Houston Rockets to jettison Royce White away to Philadelphia, after taking a first round risk on the mercurial forward with the 16th pick in the 2012 draft.

The Rockets who were more than patient with White and his mental health issues, probably decided enough was enough after White allegedly exploded on a high ranking Rockets official.

According to TMZ, cursed out a Rockets top attorney days before he was suspended around mid-season.

In the report, Rockets officials were diligently trying to work out the terms that would allow White to comfortable travel and play with the team.

At that time, White was refusing to travel or play with the Rockets because of his anxiety issues.

We’re told the team had been trying to work out an arrangement with White — to cater to his health situation — but Royce refused to travel or play with the team, citing his anxiety disorder.

But after talks went nowhere, and White screamed at team honchos, the Rockets’ General Manager Daryl Morey fired off an email letting White know they were sick of his crap.

“What is completely unacceptable to our franchise is your inexcusable cursing and calling our people liars, incompetent and worse,” Morey wrote.

He added, “We expect that you will treat our people with respect, even if you disagree with our positions, and we also expect that you accept some responsibility for your actions, as the doctors want you to.”

The letter concludes, “While the tone of this letter is not as pleasant as we have tried to be, you must realize your language and actions are to blame. We still will do every reasonable accommodation because we want this to work. We just need you to want to make this work, too.”

White was traded to the 76ers in July, and subsequently cut a few days ago.

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Sorry it was an executive, don't think it was Morey.

Lock if need be...

3. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm confident this guy will never play one NBA game in his career.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

I feel sorry for Royce's many children.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Is there a more legitimate source?

The article links to TMZ....

7. shawn786

shawn786 Member

White will be a nobody by the end of next season. No team will pick him up.

He could have played in the NBA which is so many peoples dream but decided to go another route. To bad for him.

8. Do_Not_Be_Alarm

ARGGGGHHHHHH

9. nobie

nobie Member

hahahaaha

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again... I truly believe that Royce White is a scam artist and does his best to work the system.

It's a shame, anxiety disorders are nothing to take lightly. RW has done this cause no good whatsoever.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

What's infuriating is that he is throwing it away with no backup plan and a growing list of kids to feed. This guy thinks he's going to be some kind of mental health advocate (like the mentally ill want to be associated with this quitter) or musician (good luck making it with that work ethic). I really wanted to give Royce a chance, because anxiety is no joke. But there's anxiety, and then there's idiocy.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Member

im still waiting for white to sue the league over some bogus reason such as defamation or providing an unsafe work environment

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Meh, Michael Jordan did it all the time.

14. catch22

catch22 Member

what a loser

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

Noboody ****s with Morey's employees. Morey laying down the smack.

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This isn't Royce's fault, we should have never drafted him in the 1st place with the 16th overall pick. You could take a look at his prior decisions to know that he should have never been a Rocket. It amazes me that the Rocket organization expected a different behavior. A Maya Angelou qoute "When somone shows you who they are believe them"

17. heypartner

heypartner Member

Sounds possible, but I don't give TMZ any creditability. I would need a more credible source to discuss this article.

18. Nero

Nero Member

That seems like it was his plan all along, his plan or whoever got in his ear in college.

But they just never anticipated being drafted by Morey and coming up against someone who was only about a million times smarter than them.

Hopefully this episode will end up as a cautionary tale for any other social justice crusaders who think they are going to game the system and make bank and become famous. I seriously think he thought he was going to end up a Kardashian or something.

1 person likes this.
  19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Took a gamble on him. Hit or miss and we missed big time. Be well Royce.

20. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I look at it this way....

Good thing that the draft that we took him in was very very weak.

If we took him in a draft like the 2014 class....I would be sick!

1 person likes this.