1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Roy Williams tells Dez Bryant to carry his pads

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by EffTheJazz!!!, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

This. QFT.

2. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I think Miles Austin should carry Kim Kardashian's booty pads.

DD©

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Roy needs to shut his mouth and get 75 catches. Stop dropping everything that comes his way. The guy is a good blocker, thats it.

I love my Cowboys, but they wont let Williams go, because they can't admit that error. The guy has supposedly looked better this offseason (probably motivated by the bringing on of one Dez Bryant to replace him now or later.) But he just talks too much for my liking about him being a great receiver, and the number one etc. If Dez shows he can start right away, they need to drop him unless he comes out and backs up his mouth.

4. HookemHorns1250

First off, it's just a little rookie hazing. If this were some Texans player like Andre telling a rookie to do this, half of you guys would be laughing and cutting up about it.

Second, if I was Dez, I probably couldn't help to say something along the lines of "Yes sir Mr. Jerry Rice."

5. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

None of this has anything to do with who's the better player...

The point is that Bryant needs to go through a hazing period...it doesnt matter if its from Miles Austin or from the 7th string, practice squad kicker.

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Jeez, Dez, this is exactly the kind of thing Deion was trying to tell you about. :(

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would not have said no If it was Roy Williams the free safety...

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I do believe there's a little something to be said about the ritual. Not saying whether it's right or wrong. But rather it does build some comadrie. Especially in football, where chemistry among players is important.

Besides, it's just freaking bag carrying. That's not even hazing. It's almost like the new guy bringing coffee to everyone. Why is Dez Bryant taking it as a slight?

9. Asian Sensation

It's all good Roy Williams will warm the bench while Miles and Bryant are catching TD's.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Maybe so, but that has nothing to do how incredibly self centered and idiotic Dez Bryant is. He is going to be carrying a different kind of bag, and he will carry it on his forehead most likely. He might carry some O-line luggage in his rear compartment too.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would be ok with a little hazing, but Williams is doing it to Bryant for reasons other than just hazing a rookie. Tell Roy to go nutbag Akwasi Owusu-Ansah if that is the case.

Williams is very concerned about this whole media theatre and the perception of himself, and this is just bullying. And fear.

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Source?

13. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

You mean the one who became worthless as soon as he got his fat contract?

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Knote- The source is go read everything Roy Williams has stated in public over the last year. He is obnoxious. Hazing Bryant out of all the rookies is not suprising.

15. Asian Sensation

Roy Williams is the one that's hazing and making a rookie carry his bags but Bryant is the one that's self centered and idiotic? :confused:

If Roy Williams played like what he was worth instead of a worthless sack it *might* be okay.

Roy was brought in to be a number 1 wide receiver and he clearly got bumped to number 2 and Dez will probably bump him to number 3 if not 4 with FishEyez. I guess I'd be bitter and make rookies carry my bags too if I was Roy. I'd realize it's a b**** move though and reconsider though.

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yes. All rookies have to do it, and he is not an exception. If there is some WR rivalry though, that might be different, and I might have a different opinion on the matter...

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yup, that one. He would horse collar this kid... ;)

18. rezdawg

Every rookie goes through the same thing...this isnt Bryant getting singled out.

I guarantee that there will be a LB hazing a rookie LB...an OL hazing another rookie OL.

Have you guys not watched Hard Knocks on HBO? Telling rookies to do this kind of thing is about as common as it gets...and I dont remember the last time I heard a rookie do something like this. He's going to get more than he bargained for...dumb move, the diva in him lives on...

19. Asian Sensation

You're correct but I think most of the turn off of on this story is directed towards Roy Williams at least for me because he's so worthless and really has no room to make orders even though he's a veteran. For someone that's played as worthless as he has that's a veteran I'd expect him to try and take Bryant under his wing, guide him and show him some stuff.

If Miles Austin or Michael Irvin told Bryant to carry his bags and Bryant said what he said it'd be another story. But then again Austin probably wouldn't cause he seems cool like that and he's pretty new himself. And Irvin? He probably has kilos in his bags wrapped with a Kung Fu grip.

20. rezdawg

I agree...and he should be doing that...but that doesnt mean he cant mess with a rookie.

All I know is that Dez opened up a can of worms here. The vets will come back 10x harder.