1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Roy Hibbert's statement about the Houston Rockets (UPDATE: Rockets deny this)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheGreat, Feb 9, 2012.

1. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Says a BIG guy, all-star center in the East, mind you, getting ZERO board and/or ZERO point, in playoff games.

Can he play any smaller every other game?

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. In the era of the weak center and 6'8 out of position PF, how the hell can you be 7'2 and not get at least 5 rebs a night? I can understand having 0 pts, sometimes that happens. But really, 3 rebs on a good night? His performance has been even worse than known busts like Kwame Brown and Eddy Curry...hell, even Bynum with the broken leg would've gotten 5 rebs a night just by hobbling to the paint with his arms wide open. I remember that post about Hibbert being an all star with the same stats as Kwame and just shake my head.

LOL I can forgive the necro, this story can spread all over the internet again for all I care, it will just make Mr. 0 pt 0 reb look bad. And where the **** are the posters talking about how Hibbert is much better than Dwight? Seriously, where the hell are you guys, come out and defend your max center and TD 2.0 :rolleyes:

3. Deniz

Deniz Member

Would you trade Asik for him?

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Hibbert the invincible man! Let me see? What's today? Monday? I can't put up numbers! Maybe on wednesday!

5. ApuN

ApuN Member

And to think all you Lebron haters were really counting on this guy to be "the X factor" and dominate the Heat.

LOL!

Hibbert is the reason why they got rid of the center position in All-Star games.

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

Not for a 14 million cap hit.

Shoot, even if the numbers were even, Asik was playing better than him at the end of the season and the playoffs.

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

Putting his underwhelming numbers aside for a moment, it's pathetic how people personally slander this guy considering how he reportedly suffered from clinical depression in the past. ESPN and the First Take guys clown Roy and make him a laughing stock. It isn't right.

8. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i mean you could say that for just about any medium of media.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

To Indy - Omer Asik
    To Atlanta - Roy Hibbert
    To Houston - Paul Milsap

Great trade for everyone.

10. HPD

HPD Member

No........