1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox tix question -- What do I do in the club room?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Prempeh, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Through a hook up I got some tix to the rockets game against PHX, and they came with club room passes...what and where is the club room? And what should I do there? Talk about politics with the players?

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I believe you take an elevator down to it, on floor level. Basically, sit at the bar and watch the game on the big screen. I don't think any players wander in there. But the time I was there, Master P and crew walked in. That was pretty cool.

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I was in there once before the game. Rudy T came in for about 20 minutes and signed autographs and talked with the people.

Then we left and went to our seats.

If any players are going to show up, its before the game, so go early.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I grew up with a guy whose father was a car dealer...they had season tickets and club room passes for every game. We used to eat dinner in there before the games...fried shrimp...good stuff. Never saw any players but lots of local celebrities.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We had a Fan Council meeting there once, I think? It's not a room that you'd want to hang out in for anything other than the food, drinks and seeing celebs. The bar is kinda makeshift, nothing like a bar in the club section at Minute Maid. I'd go to the game early, and hang there until tip off to see if Rudy shows.

My understanding from talking to the owner of Kenneally's is that during the game it is pretty empty; he goes there to smoke during timeouts.

6. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Back in the 80's when Rockets games were onCh.20, I had a freind who was Art Director for the channel and would take me from time to time to the games with his press pass.

Not sure if its the same room, but this press room had chicken wings and all kinds of good **** to eat!

to make up a Homer quote, "MMMMM, Club Room"
    Enjoy!:D

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I hear they will even wipe your ass for you.

What a way to live!!!!