1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox can not build around Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sun12, Apr 12, 2003.

1. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

rockets suck :(

2. sun12

sun12 Member

I hope Rox can try, but Chinese NT team is very proud with themselves. They believe their method is superior. After all, they produce Yao Ming.

3. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

I only have one requirement for the player that this team builds around:

They must have at least a 15-degree angle to their shot.

That rules out Eddie.

4. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

sun12
    You started an "important" topic but you did not provide an answer.

So if you think that building around Yao is not a good idea who then should we build around?

5. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

proof...links??? comeone man...we found good verifiable links..where are yours?

Re:...according to Chron story from a couple of days ago...Yao will leave roughly 2 weeks after the end of the season...and (unless you can prove different sun12) has the tourney in the first couple of weeks in august. Training camp begins in late Sept??...whatever...he will get some rest(not enough) but he shoule get some.

TexaStoke.

You must give Gater his change!!! :D:D

6. ty185

ty185 Member

sorry, I have to disagree with this... chinese NT HAS been hiring NBA assistant coaches during the past couple of years (from both dallas and denver I think) and one of the reasons wangfei was hired last year was coz he came to US to study NBA basketball for a while. I don't really see them as having the kind of mentality as you said here, sun...

:)

7. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Dirk paid 250 grand out of his own pocket for the insurance just to play for German team last summer. Nash is pretty committed to Canadian NT. And I think Marvs are doing well.
    Look, you cannot discredit someone just because he loves his country. It is his choice and his right. I think it is a virtue for anyone to love his country.

8. oj411

oj411 Member

For all the people who think that Yao will be run ragged by going to China to train and play will be saddly mistakend. He is more or less going to be able to rest more and recharge his battery in China then over here. He misses the food, his friends, and his surroundings going back will do him good. Also he would be able to see his friends and spend time with them over their in China and trust me seeing good friends who you havent seen in a while allows you to recharge other things that can not be charged just by resting in the states.

9. Panda

Panda Member

Many players play every day in the off season. Jordan and Reggie Miller practiced as hard as they could. Bryant said he shot 2000 jumpers a day. Yao's basketball fundamentals were laid down in China, practicing that jump hook hard in China in the off season would do him good.

10. sun12

sun12 Member

I have to call you ignorant or unwise. Everybody knows it is totally different if you practice with a personal trainer and try to improve yourself during the off-season. It is another story if you commit yourself to a team that plays for World Championship or Olympics.

There is a reason Shaq does not want to play for Olympics. There is a reason KG does not want to play for it.

Even Yao admits that this off-season will be very exhausting for him because the new Chinese NT team coach is a tough and strict coach. Yao will be totally WORN OUT after the summer.

11. sun12

sun12 Member

Huh? are you taking drugs or what? It is well-known Nash tends to worn out in the later part of the season. Everybody knows that Nash did not play for the Canadian NT team last summer for the WC because Cuban did not want him to play. ohh, I got it, you are just a random basketball fan.

Hey, if I own a team and pay some guy millions of bucks to play 82 games a season, I don't want this guy to get hurt by playing some whatever games.

12. RedFusion

RedFusion Member

Man can you imagine Yao going back to China to play a few games in the summer? I mean, before he was already getting 30+ points 15+ boards a game there. After all he's improved since playing in the NBA, he should be able to pull a Wilt Chaimberlain every game in China against inferior competition.

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

You are the one who sounds like a "random" basketball fan. First from your post it is obvious you don't know about FIBA.

Secondly, though Cuban lobbied to force Nash to withdraw from the world championships, Nash was reportedly physically and mentally not sound enough to lead his team.

14. lee

lee Member

stop. I tired to see your comments. How do you know Chinese NT.
    Chinese NT care about Yao ten time than others.

15. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Even though he didn't play in the WC, he played in Canadian NT for the warm-up games. I also don't like Cuban either. It is disgusting for him to ask his players not to play for their countries. Imagine NBA team owners ask superstars not to play for USA NT, what will you feel.

16. Panda

Panda Member

Blah blah blah. Obviously you know nothing about the intensity level of elite NBA players off season training. Apart from training with their trainers, many players play pick up games against NBA players with high intensity. Some played it everyday. Like that between Jordan and Miller, and Francis and Mobley plays a ton of pickup games in the. Beside, even if Yao stays in the USA, he will still play pick up games beside personal training, or attend the big man camp, or play in the summer league. You think Yao would only practice with his personal trainers without practice in real situations? Dream on.

Chinese basketball training is pretty lax, they don't play practice games everyday. Although training sessions are lengthy, the intensity level is low, and there is plenty of rest time in between, and the stamina training it stresses is good for Yao. There will also be medical experts that Yao trusts and worked with to relieve Yao in Chinese style, acpuncture, herbs, massages etc... Yao is China's money tree, they will take care of him.

The Chinese NT commitment, if memory serves, end in July and after that Yao has plenty time to rest.

Regarding Yao's comment, interesting, I don't know why Yao describes the new coach as being tough and stern, as he never played under that coach before. Links?