1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I mean......sigh, he is only 20, he is only 20........

DD

2. i3artow i3aller

Bronny is a fan
    [​IMG]

#162 i3artow i3aller, Feb 21, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    vator and Denovo like this.
  3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Be that as it may, I wouldn’t put Jalen Green in either the cocky or under delivering category at this point.

He’s a good rookie, clearly top ten talent, and it’s not his fault the org drafted him 2nd. For the record, I thought Mobley was the obvious pick at 2 but like Green also.

He’s certainly confident, and may have gotten the cart in front of the horse a few times, but he’s putting up 15 a game as a rook and his scoring potential is off the charts.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

When kpj has a mental breakdown or goes mental (mental health isnt easy to ovecome) dd is preaching forgiveness, patience and all this bs. Hell dd and folks were saying kpj was just being immature/ too much competitive energy/didn't know how to express himself. Etc etc. (Phrasing).

But when green decides to b immature (which people does grow out off). Folks btching day and night starting a thread.

Where's your fking patience?

My stance on what players choose to do on their own time who gives a fk. As long as they don't get suspended for doing something stupid.

TheRealist137 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

KPJ has known mental health things, gotta respect that journey.

And yes Green is young - and immature - which go together.

DD

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

so basically green is a bust. time to trade for suggs before it's too late

7. i3artow i3aller

Is he really all that immature though? Al-P posts instagram stories of himself chillen on yachts or vacationing at fancy resorts and no one notices because it shouldn't matter. Wood, Tate and KMJ were pictured recently shopping for guns and no one cared, but the second JG flubs a dunk and flashes some cash it's somehow suddenly an issue.

You talk of respecting KPJ's journey's as if JG hasn't been through it himself. His twitter banner would tell you otherwise if you had ever once bothered to check there. This is a kid that had his dad walk out on him and his family at an incredibly young age. Jalen's close friend, Kevin, was also murdered this past summer while Green was away at SL. The poor boy was gunned down while listening to music in his car just outside of his dorm room. Believe you me Green knows grief all too well.

[​IMG]
    JG Twitter Banner:

When the character of a person is not clear, look at their friends.”

So just who exactly does Jalen Green surround himself with? His circle is rather close-knit. There's his immediate family, his gf Breah, JayGup and his best friend Justin. Oh and when the Green family took Justin in it was Jalen who gave up his bed and slept on the couch so that his brother from another mother would feel more comfortable.

It's also telling that he's been among the least active Rockets on the season as far as social media presence is concerned. Before this weekend JG hadn't posted a story in months whereas the rest of his teammates usually have a daily story going on. That sounds like someone that's been locking in to me and his play has certainly reflected that as of late. I also found it admirable that he refused to let the media cast any shade Gup's way for his part in the dunk contest fiasco. A more immature less reputable person would've surely passed some of that blame off, but not Green. He'd never let Josh be his (e)scapegoat.

This is a guy that reaches out to the likes of Steph Curry and Ja Morant for advice when he's struggling. Those guys are an invaluable resource to have at his disposal. Think of even the small tricks of the trade they can teach him such as seeking to end quarters looking for a 3-For-2 at around the 1:06-1:03 mark instead of a traditional 2-For-1 with ~ 35 seconds left. Ya'll really need to give the rook some time to grow and be himself rather than being so dang hard on him.

Bonus JayGup shenanigans. Poor big bro lol :D
    [​IMG]

#167 i3artow i3aller, Feb 21, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Creepy how much you are stalking his life.

DaDakota likes this.
  9. DaDakota

I try to stay out of personal stuff, if it is not in the papers - none of my business, and I HATE HATE HATE social media it is tearing society apart.

I will cheer for Green, and I will complain when he does something I think is stupid.

Nature of the beast.

DD

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol.... just when you thought the Rockets, the bottom team in the West, could use some positive social media presence.....

now this and Gerald Green.

It will get better but it is going to get uglier before it gets better.

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Wonder if he ends up in Health and Safety Protocols like this guy did shortly after this picture surfaced.

12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

he’s actually not really outspoken… but when he does speak he says things you don’t like or align with so you automatically go to “shut up and play”..

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

that has nothing to do with it.. Harden got a max and was in the strip club after every game

Patience and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Lmao my man can’t even go on vacation without being criticized.

15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

It’s just funny that majority of the things you’ve pointed out about him were social media based during an all star vacation week lol

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If you are looking for clips to support a narrative, you found it...just don't bother noticing the clips of Ja Morant doing the same thing or for heavens sake DON'T see the Harden-esque photo of Mobley shirtless around a few IG hos. ****, I'm a grown ass man and a successful business professional and I would also be driving around waiving stacks of cash if I had enough money to be set for life too!

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

On positive about having the minority spew toxic about Green is that it makes it really, really easy to see which dumbasses you need to put on Ignore.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is a pretty simple concept, you, I and everyone who has watched the NBA for decades understand.

Nobody cares after he wins the championship, possibly the MVP trophy.

If he fails, everyone will come out and hold that against him.

Success has a strange way of re-writing narratives as will failure.

Everything else is just noise and chatter along the way.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

....makes sense in theory but doesn't work like that in real life. Lebron is probably one of the most polished franchise ready players of all time and he did the same thing at that age - he just had a crew scrubbing social media because marketability was a priority for him. Maybe Jalen isn't thinking "Global marketing icon" just yet like Lebron was at 20, but otherwise I don't see a lot of difference in that behavior being indicative of career success at this age. At some point it's just "kids being kids". Being obscenely wealthy and in control of billion dollar franchises still doesn't trump being young.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This is just another random narrative DD made up in his own head.

Jalen Green is probably the opposite of outspoken. In fact everytime he does interviews he mumbles out one word answers half the time, and just seems socially awkward when he has to talk.

I feel like everytime I watch his post game interviews, he just gives really non-specific generic answers and never really says anything ground breaking or controversial.

I actually don't know where people get this idea that Green talks a big game. I mean someone asked him what his goal his for the season, and he said ROY which for some odd reason just made people like DD piss himself.