1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree - but I would like him to stop bragging when he hasn't really done much - it makes him look bad IMHO.

DD

csc177 likes this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Sort of agree. but if I remember Kobie was like that, too and that turned out ok

DaDakota likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

People will complain when he talks too much or too little.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  4. DaDakota

No one complains when someone talks less....come on, let's not make **** up.

DD

5. dmoneybangbang

Then someone will complain he isn't alpha enough. It's already happened/happening.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a problem with him at all. He's young and flashy with a lot of big dick energy so to speak. He's over reaching and falling on his face. That's great. That's what talented young people should do. Over reach and fail. That's how they get better. He's fine and your critique comes across as nit picky.

Him being mocked on social media is a good learning experience for him. He works hard, listens to his coaches, and is genuinely trying to improve. I just don't get why there is a need to be negative because he talks a big game at 20.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's the whole thing - he can't win. He shuts up and be humble and people will say he doesn't have the personality to be a big time star or lead.

It's so ridiculous.

8. DaDakota

Yes, social media is ridiculous.

DD

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The real problem is he cannot back it up big time as of yet....... the league is full of wannabes and real stars.

He might back it up next year.

Once he does, it gets better. It is not rocket science.

But I wouldn't chase individual accolades forever, at some point he has to put team accolades first.

10. csc177

csc177 Member

If he comes out and drops 40 first game post all star break - everyone forgets the dunk contest embarrassment

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Like Facebook.

12. conquistador#11

Apparently this is how the draft interview process went with Green according to some.

(Stone at the draft interview wearing his Big Boss Hoodie)

Stone: "How would you describe your overall game?"

Green: "It's lit."

Stone: "We're thinking about taking you second overall."

Green: "Whhhhhhoooooa" "KP hopped on my insta last week, breh. Good vibes. Breh, who is that foxy lady in the tight dress?"

Stone: "That's my wife"

Green:
    [​IMG]

"Is that real leather? Breh, can I take a pic and send it to my boy Jgup?
    He's been wanting some leather pants."

Stone: "I'm sold."

And that's how we eventually got Jay Gup in leather pants 7 months later.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Pivot

PIVOT

PIVOT

PIVOT

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Only stupid AF people judge humble quiet players to be less passionate or less skilled than loud flashy talking players.

Players should judged first and foremost on their skillset, production as well as unique upside.

2 way 7 footers with guard skills and ability to play elite defense WITHOUT fouling is not just an obvious sign, it is about as subtle as Moses parting the Red Sea.

DaDakota likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

conquistador#11 and noppeper like this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You are really turning into the get off my lawn guy. Most of your coaching ideas sound like Jr. High 101. LIke the second pick in the draft should sit on the bench until he earns his starts. That might be the case if you had a team that could legitimately compete for the playoffs, but it is absolutely stupid for a tanking team that needs to develop what they hope is one of their future stars. Guess what, he’s improving and my bet is that overall he will be a better NBA player by the end of the year. It’s called progress. If the coaches followed your strategy, KPJ would still be sitting, instead of becoming, arguable our best player and definitely our second best defensive player. You need to pull up your depends, man up, and quit whining about the younger generation.

17. DaDakota

You mean he would be working hard in practice trying to beat out the guy in front of him? That is what most 19 year old rookies do.....

The Younger generation? lol - trying to turn it into that, when it is so much more.

It is not generational BTW - no one is saying that about Sengun or Christopher or Mobley - people who are better than anyone else at their position on their team.

BTW - I think Jalen has improved a lot - on defense, offense, awareness....quite a bit.......my only point about him learning from the bench was to backup Gordon - at this point, I figured Gordon would be gone and Green would be starting - so meh.....

DD

18. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

You don’t feel like Jalen has been a professional during the season?

19. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

When has he been bragging during the season? He’s had multiple post game interviews discussing needing to improve on the court. His own game and the team.

20. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

My exact feelings. Let him fall on his face if he’s really going to be a star it has to happen for him to improve. Atleast his personality type seems that’s what he needs.