1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

2. hakeemthagreat

Yeah you're a idiot. The kid hasn't even had time to develop, yet Rockets management made a mistake? Green is 19 and already showing flashes of being a star. When starts becoming a star ppl like you will be nowhere to be found

AKVerse47 likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You trust the org? I don't - I think this group is off to a very rocky start - trust is earned not given.

I just think Jalen should be a little more diplomatic in his answers because his bravado is exposing just how far away he really is and how immature.

It is ok if you can back it up, but right now, he can't and it just makes him look bad to say things like.

Gonna win ROY - not even in consideration
    Going to average 20ppg my rookie year - uh, what?
    Going to win the dunk contest - well, that was ugly.

I want him to succeed, and when he does, he should shout it from the hilltops until then, he has work to do, and imho, on both skills and PR side.

As for the Rockets, of course I don't trust them - lol - they are lying their asses off all the time.

So, if you can't trust the message - which is my point - then you can't trust the messenger...Green/Rox.

DD

aaquaa likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

At the end of the day I’m just happy we have Sengun. 4 shots at a star and I’ll be happy if we get one.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Where will you be when he doesn't become a star? Insults are childish on an anonymous board.

aaquaa likes this.
  6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If he gives cocky answers people get pissed at the overconfidence. If he gives weak ass answers people will doubt his intelligence or his aggression.

Folks who dislike green will find literally anything to nitpick the dude. There's literally no pleasing the folks who to this day is still pining for mobley.

cmoak1982, Mathloom, Emtenndo and 2 others like this.
  7. Xopher

Xopher Member

He just needs to change this to a Jalen Green Appreciation thread. That will ensure he rerires as a Rocket with 14 All Star appearances and 12 All-NBA accolades.

8. DaDakota

Excuses, excuses.

People want to see him succeed - whether they think Mobley was the pick or not.

What I want is for him to stop talking about it, and BE ABOUT IT!

You can appreciate a player on the team - this is a Rockets board, there are just butt hurt fans who want to control the narrative.

Check in later, I am doing a "Corrosion's mom - appreciation thread"

:)

DD

#88 DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
    Corrosion likes this.
  9. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

His swagger is part of his personality and this thread comes across as a thinly veiled critique of a younger generation that doesn't feign humble for the cameras.

Mathloom likes this.
  10. DaDakota

Hey that may be, I am certainly no youngster, and I had a similar issue with Morey always talking and not being behind the scenes.......this is a FAN board, and we all know FAN is short for FANATIC.....we all have the way we would like players to succeed.

And yes, you are right, I don't like people who act like they have done something when they haven't done it yet......and again you are right that is a personal choice.

And, probably associated with my generation, tbh........I personally think social media is the arm pit of the world......but to each his own I guess.

DD

groovemachine likes this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Trust the org? This is a sport - not my friends or family. lol. If you want to make it like trusting or not trusting the Rockets is going to change your day-to-day, you're more than welcome to. I love the Rockets as a diversion and a hobby. I don't put my "trust" in a sports team. If I don't "trust" them - I don't follow them. I can't stand the Texans, so I don't follow them. What's weird about this forum is that people that hardly ever post when the Rockets are doing well come out of the woodwork and start posting about why they suck. Incessantly. Non-stop. That's so bizarre. It's like "I'm so happy you suck, but you suck because you suck!" lol.

Calling some 20 year-old immature -- imagine that. He's a kid. I was doing dumb stuff and saying dumb stuff at 20 years old. He may not know what to say, but so far he seems like he's got his head on straight, so I'm not disappointed in him. I really don't think he cares what either of us want him to do. I really don't know anything about what he does or how hard he works, so I'm not going to be that guy sitting at the keyboard or on a couch like I have the answers to how he can turn into MJ.

And if you can't trust the messenger, why are you acting like you're trying to help Green with your words of wisdom or something? If you can't trust the messenger, then why follow the Rockets at all? Do you think they're going to fire themselves and appoint "DaDakota's Trust Team" to manage everything from that point?

And all this talk about "stop talking about it and BE ABOUT IT!" like you're some hood Houdini trying to turn his life around. You've got no idea wth he's working on or his day-to-day. Jesus Christ, you sound so goofy sometimes. lol.

12. DaDakota

Well this is just a fan board talking about players, and the Rockets, there are no expectations about him reading this, or my words having anything to do with the org etc.

It is just team talk - nothing more - not sure why it bothers you so much you can choose to engage, you can choose to ignore - if you don't like the message that's fine - neither you or I are going to lose any sleep over that.

And I don't trust the Org - in fact, I can't stand Tillman as an owner - didn't much like Bud Adams either but I was still a fan of the team.

So, yeah, the way I look at this, is a place to vent your frustrations with other fans and get their feedback, some are going to agree, some are going to argue, some will ignore - but that is EXACTLY what this board is for.....that diatribe.

But, you are right, there is no expectation that my words will do any good or bad for the man, or the team. Just talking Rox like 2 guys sitting at a bar watching the game drinking a bud.

True

True.

DD

noppeper and snowconeman22 like this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Morey for being a mastermind

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We are going to buy our star once John Wall comes off the books - this city market, connections to China, and no state income tax will attract maybe two players.
    Don’t pay Wood, Wall and Gordon come off t books that some serious cash flow!

aaquaa likes this.
  15. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I share that the haters will always find a reason to criticize Green, they base their lives on it. This weekend is a great proof of that, Green is the best player on his team in the Rising Stars Challenge and the opinion of the haters is: "it's a stupid game"; but at the same time they are happy if the Kid does not have a good participation in the dunk contest.
    That said, I agree that Green should stop raising unrealistic expectations and focus heavily on his progress.

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Disappointed in what Green has done so far, but do not think it is the end of the world. He is an NBA player and worst case will be the 4th or 5th best player on a good team. He didn't make the team too good too early, so hopefully we get another top pick and it works out. I am a little concerned about the lack of trades for EG , Wood etc it doesn't really paint a clear direction yet, but still some time to make some moves.

aaquaa, noppeper and daywalker02 like this.
  17. jacoby

jacoby Member

"Shut up and dribble."

DD

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A generation that does not respect the older ones enough that were arguably much better, jury is out.

NFT.

groovemachine likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let the 19 year old who isn't a 19 no more back it up brah, back it up.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I can buy that argument, those are good points

noppeper and lakersuck2 like this.