1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox and Green - Put up or shut up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 20, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Luis Scola clone? Yep, they are good at getting pretty good players it seems.

DD

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

The analytics team wanted Mobley and got overruled, by Stone or Fertitta I don’t know. They threw the analytics team a bone with the Sengun pick afterwards. With the top pick next year we are going to be dealing with the same rotten apples who ignored the smart people left in the organization.

aaquaa likes this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

they could have benched jarrett allen, or kept him away until the draft, kinda like what they are doing with john wall now

4. HardenVolumeOne

how can you take an nba player who has their hair like that.. Its basically," hey look at me, im here." At least with hardens beard he had to earn his stripes and didnt really develop the beard until his sophomore year in the league

aaquaa likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

“Shut up and Dribble” argument all over again.

groovemachine likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

lol
    [​IMG]

7. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Rockets need size it doesn't work running out 6'4 SF and PFs

GotGame15 and daywalker02 like this.
  8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not that big of a deal….they just passed on Mobley who looks like this generation’s Tim Duncan.

GotGame15 and solid like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I mean to be fair I think that’s his natural hair texture, it’s the equivalent of a dude with a undercut ponytail, no? Pretty hipster-ish but nothing too out of the ordinary

10. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Winning ROY. Averaging 20 ppg. Winning dunk contest. All these make me wanted Mobley more.

aaquaa likes this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I’m sorry but to declare him a bust in his first year that hasn’t even ended yet while he still is putting up almost 15 ppg is delirious to me all the same time praising a guy who constantly gets stripped in the paint or loses the ball because he can’t handle tight zip passes and who gets constantly beat off the screen and roll and commits terrible fouls due to late rotations or getting beat? Really shows your bias here. All the Rockets rookies are promising. Let’s stop the premature bust talk which sounds more like your unrealistic expectations rather than his play.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Next question….when do we start holding our gm accountable for no Jarrett Allen (and LaVert) and no Mobley. Critical mistakes. Theis signing was awful (no fit with this team). Not trading Gordon. Wasting away of Wall, who he traded for. Signing Silas. Leadership starts at the top and “Houston we have a problem.”

DaDakota likes this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Pretty silly when you people are discussing about hair styles now. Has no bearing on his level of play determination or commitment.

Roomba likes this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Who had Allen last year…oh yeah Cleveland. Who picked Mobley this year with their own pick…oh yeah Cleveland.

15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

At least they’re not discussing his cute painted nails to go along with his non-alpha personality. He will always be a robin as opposed to a batman. Hopefully we get that kid from Auburn to be our Batman.

aaquaa likes this.
  16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

The decisions were made and what is done is done. The team execs thought this was the way to go and has good reason to and one shouldn’t go back and point fingers and blame especially when no one knows what the future holds for any of these players and especially with very little information to go on. It’s very easy to go back i hindsight and blame and think what should have or could’ve been. We have a good rookie core. Trust the team’s vision and rebuilding process.

17. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Could have titled the thread btching about the jalen green experience part 2.

Literally the same complaints made by the same "upset posters" onto this new one.

Hopefully it separates the Mobley mob folks from the other thread.

BigM and javal_lon like this.
  18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Tbh he just a kid out there. What 19? Should there really be any expectations? Get a list of 19 year olds who have put up similar numbers. 3-4 Years from now like alot of Commentators in NBA mention about young rookies this age, that they figure out to put the draft ego and college egos aside and learn how to play the real man game.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is a major leap, we are not telling Green to not be political - he is absolutely fine with speaking his mind - this is more of an "Actions Speak Louder than Words" situation.

But nice try....although predictable.

DD

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If I can't trust the messenger, why should I trust the message?

The Rockets are a business. Their job is to hype the product.
    If Jalen had responded with "I don't know if I'll win, but I'm going to try", half the so-called numbnuts on here acting like they know any better would be claiming him a "beta". It's really a no-win situation with the "experts".