1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rowdy Game Today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LUK3, Apr 29, 2018.

1. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Im at the game.. pretty good crowd.. loudest game I’ve been to this Playoffs.. Tucker, Paul, and Harden are making it very exciting.. Pleased with the attendance

gg

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

No dunking, Luk3. Watch that shoulder.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

lol, the crowd is weak...it’s gotten somewhat loud at times today, but we have the worst crowd in these playoffs

compare it to pretty much every other team and there’s no comparison

it was so quiet to start the game...it was insane

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this is probably the worst playoff crowd I have ever seen. Crickets.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lol..the Rockets crowd has been trash as usual.

Luk3 = Russian internet troll?

wesbound likes this.
  6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Your 1st game?

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Like I said in the game thread, the crowds seemed better under Les. Don’t know what’s going on now. It’s like he took the trophies and the better crowds with him. Tilman needs to do something!

8. Bob Barker 007

I went to Game 3 of Boston @ Milwaukee, and Milwaukee's crowd was way better than the crowd in Houston this afternoon.

Hustle Town and Zboy like this.
  9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Crowd got hyped at times in the 1st half. Second half has been a pretty mundane coast to the buzzer

10. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Crowd is pacing itself for the wcf. One wrong yell, you pull a throat muscle, and you're done for the playoffs.

11. LUK3

LUK3 Member

I mean, I believe I said “this playoffs”
    I went to R1 G1 and it was dead silent. This crowd was somewhat better, just alright.

DreamShook and Zboy like this.
  12. jbasket

jbasket Member

The crowd is clearly resting themselves, but am worried they may be too rusty for Game 8 of the NBA Finals.

Wonder what MDA would think about this strategy.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

ESPN tends to drowns out the crowd noise on the broadcast. If we were watching the game on ATTSPORTSNET we would all get a better depiction of the crowd noise. @LUK3 was at the game; If he says the crowd was poppin, I'm going to take his word for it.

Rivaldo2181 likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

every other team’s crowd sounds fine on ESPN tho

I was at the game too, if OP thought today’s crowd was rowdy and poppin then Idk what to say...it sounded like a nice regular season game...for a playoff game, it was straight up weak

snowconeman22 likes this.
  15. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Was at the game, and can say for sure the crowd was weak. The chants of MVP felt forced and chanted by very few. My row was only 50% full, and there were many empty seats throughout the arena. I was amazed at how many available seats there were.

Don't know if it's because the Astros were playing around the same time, but if that's the reason then it's the NBA's fault for not scheduling around another in town game. Maybe Houston just really doesn't care for basketball, who knows

Was really disappointed in the attendance

buffalobills!!! and KelvinCato13 like this.
  16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Crowd was quiet when Utah was making a little run. That's when things should be most rowdy.

17. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Here’s the thing, if we want to have a roof shattering atmosphere, can the Toyota Center entertainment be a bit more interesting? Even the introduction is weak this year.. They pay WAY too much attention to the video.. I mean, I’d rather have the rocket lifting off from the 09’ intro rather than the huge Jumbotron.. and what happened to the huge spark cannons coming out of the goals? Fire is boring. We need more bang.

Also, all of the timeout entertainment is the same.. T Shirts.. Dance/Flex/Kiss Cam.. Even the SCS aren’t interesting anymore.. And for the LOVE of God please get better halftime shows.

Little Bit likes this.
  18. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

I can attest, I was at R1G5 and the crowd was weak. Other than a few spurts of cheering here and there in 3rd quarter not much energy from the crowd at all. You would have never guessed it was a close-out game..lots of empty seats.

FWIW, the "only sport in town" argument is a moot point when you consider the fact that last year's Astros playoff run was jam packed and people had no problem filling MMP. Also the Warriors are not the only show in town and yet "Roracle" is filled to the brim.

19. newAge_Rockets

Yeah, but the stadium that they share their parking lot with (Oakland Colliseum) gets about 30 fans max per game.

20. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

This, the Milwaukee crowd was lit af. It's game 1 of the 2nd round. The crowd today at TC was a ****ing embarrassment to every person who reps H-Town.

Bob Barker 007 likes this.